What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attn david in brooklyn(this is pondboys mom)urgent

Noah's a good kid. I sent a letter and an old-skool gamebook today. I hope he gets well soon.

i hope he gets well what happend to him anyway is it really serious
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Yeah, pretty serious.  The PIC line his Mom mentioned is like an intravenous (IV) line.  (You know, where they stick a needle in your vein & hook you up to a bag of fluid?  Usually just before surgery, then as you recover & can drink, they take it out.)  Except this is larger (ouch!), is sometimes placed in the upper chest, right into a major vein & delivers more nutrients than possible through an IV line.  They would only do this, of course, when you can't eat or drink for days & you're continuing to lose weight.
His Mom explained earlier in this thread what they think made him so sick.

Well, he has a bag of fat and a bag of nutrients dumping into him via the PIC line - yes into his chest, yet is still losing weight. Not sure if gaining weight (if he ever does) will correct the mesenteric artery syndrom or if surgery will be required. This artery wrapped around his intestines is not the source of his illness but rather another complication of it. They have yet to determine definitively what his 'problem' is.
Here is a before/after the before was taken when he was released 6 days post snake bite, the after was taken when he was 9 pounds heavier than today. His face has been whited out to protect his privacy somewhat.

I can not post a direct link with angelfire so you will have to copy paste the url
http://www.angelfire.com/mo3/rosaree/thennow.JPG

as remarkable the weight loss is in his chest and abdomen it really doesnt compare to the evidence in his face.
smile_h_32.gif

he is a tremendous kid and has not complained once.

I hope he gets better soon,I hate to see my own kids sick.I kind of know what your going through.Noah is a fine young man and we are praying for him.

Jerry

how long will he be hospitalised for keep us posted.
hope he gets well soon

I spoke with Noah last night. He has put on 10 pounds thanks to the bags of fat they have going into his chest. So, that is good news. The mesenteric artery has not yet corrected itself so he is still unable to tolerate foods. They have not diagnosed the cause of his symptoms yet. He has been getting migrane headaches.

"Wicked Thistle", Noah received your letter yesterday and the game. What a wonderful idea - something to occupy his mind trying to figure it out.
smile.gif

Josh, I got your self addressed stamped envelope but do not know what I am supposed to put in it - will find out when I speak with him again.

Ciao.

Hi Dew,

Glad Noah's doing better and can have some fun reading the game. I was afraid he might not be able to use it.

Cheers,
Michelle

Hope he gets back on his feet soon.

July 17th,
Today pondboy turned 15 years old. His condition is worsening
smile_h_32.gif

They are trying to locate a laptop computer for him so that he will have something to occupy himself with. He is so hoping they do so that he can catch up with posts on here!

Josh,
I did receive your sase and your seeds will be on their way.

David,
your card came yesterday (at least it appears to be a card) Noah will get it today.

Thanks all!
Dew

I hope Noah gets better soon,he sure is missed here.Sad to hear that he is getting worse.

Jerry

A get well soon  and happy birthday cards are in the mail for Noah, they are from me.
smile_m_32.gif

I hope he gets well soon,
Dino
smile.gif

Yes, all the best from the UK.
Tony.

Please pass on our best wishes and hoping Noah has a speedy recovery from CPUK.

Noah has developed an infection in the pic line that feeds the fats and nutrients into his chest - they have begun comprehensive antibiotics -

ooh i am so sorry! infections are nasty, i got one from my piercing but it cleared up in a couple days.

unfortunately this infection is alot worse than the one i had
smile_h_32.gif
tell him justlikeapill tells him to get well soon!

Lordy, this kid has a dark cloud just a hoverin and a coverin him! Valerie and I sent him a book, courtesy of Gugin in Singapore to help kill the time. Were rooting for him and happy he is where he can be looked after. Much luck to you both (and I have it to spare!)

PIC lines arent fun. my uncle had one and it too got infected as they commonly do. good luck, and get better.

Rattler

Back