What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hibiscus cannabinus

its also known as Kenaf and is a plant grown for its fiber for making paper. it looks quite simmilar to marijuana and i think it would be hilarious to grow some in the big picture window at the office(we are across from the cop shop). can anyone help me? i will trade CPs for some seeds or will send a SASE. i know its grown in different places across the US mainly down south.

Rattler

Now that's funny.

When I saw the name of the seeds you were asking for, I came in here ready to swing away with the ol' mod mallet....then I actually read your post. Man, you really got me.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

i know its hillarious. Because i have some plants that look like it too. like a japenese lace leaf maple as a smaller plant
smile_n_32.gif
People always ask what is that!!!!!!!!!!!!

im dead serious. i want some of these. it looks similar but if you put the two side by side you can see the difference. it is becoming a MAJOR crop for the production of paper, if i read right the JC Penny catalog is printed exclucivly on it. it grows fast in warm weather and is easy to grow, i think its originally from africa. a dead giveaway that its not "the real thing" is that it gets big, typical Hibiscus flowers. also being that its related to okra the leaves on the oldest part of the stem look like that of an okra its the leaves on the top part of the stem that look like marijuana. come one some one must know where to find some.

Rattler

here is a pic, about the best i can find......for being a highly researched crop there aint to many good photos of it.

flower.jpg

Wow, the leaves are quite close to "it".

Be careful the cops don't raid your office! They get so excited when things look like that, A false Aralia also has like 5-7serrated leaflets and caused several false raids in Minneapolis. But as far as I've seen they never bloom like the Hibiscus.

Or you could grow dagga, aka in mexico as maurijuanilla...

It's legal and you can get it here

Actually, an uncle of mine was once considering putting aluminum foil over his garage windows, just to bug the cops...

Peter
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (schloaty @ July 16 2004,12:04)]Now that's funny.

When I saw the name of the seeds you were asking for, I came in here ready to swing away with the ol' mod mallet....then I actually read your post. Man, you really got me.
smile_k_ani_32.gif
Be on the look out.. pretty soon someone will ask for Poppy seeds
smile_k_ani_32.gif

smile_m_32.gif

poppy seeds are easy to find. and cheap too. i did find a source of these thanks to a member here. i think these will grow well here. they like hot summers, grow fast and would make one interesting windbreak/snowfence. also our winters are way to cold for them to naturalize so im not introducing a potental pest species. its completely harmless it just has palmate leaves similar looking to marijuana just like false arailia. it will quite a conversation piece.

Rattler

Back