What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5 bromeliads for trade

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
i have 5 large (they are large for the mini ones at home depot, atleast) bromeliads i want to get rid of. i'll take anything that doesn't require a dormancy, except D. filiformis, i'd like to trade for one of those.

i'll even take a couple leaves if you have something really interesting.

are you really looking for d. filiformis? i know a website that sells them

umm, why wouldn't i be? i'm not interested in buying anything, i could but i'm not interested. i'd rather trade because these things are taking up alot of space.

i'll even take D capensis! i'll take ANYTHING.

do you know what species the broms are? or could you post a pic?
Thanks,
Peter

after looking at over 20 pages of bromeliad pics, i couldn't find a single one of what i have.

the scape is bright crimson red, has yellow flowers. the scape is oval, serrated, and flat. I got it last year as a miniature bromeliad at home depot. then it died and i seperated the pups

Sounds like a tillandsia... Does it have gray-green narrow leaves?

hmmm will it survive if mailed to singapore? ive been thinking of trying a bromeliad

no, it is not a tilly. it's a common garden center brom.

it has the same shape flower as the tillandsia you see potted in soil for sale, but the color and texture is difference. the whole plant is plastic-like, not fuzzy like a tillansia

also, the bottom half of the leaves has started turning pink, it's not a genetic thing, it was green when a bought it. it has started changing colors because of my lights. they have broad leaves, not narrow like a tilly.

it would survive, but i'm kind of scared to ship out of the us without a permit. i've done it before but it's risky. pm me what you have to trade and we'll see.

Back