What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes seed givaway

I just sent my SASE out today
confused.gif
sry for the delay i was out of the country

Jeremiah i sent you an SASE very long ago, did you ever get it? it was from Alfredo C. Lavergne

let me know..

Hello

Yeah I still have it.  Then seed are still not quite ripe I think I may have jumped the gun a little
smile_l_32.gif
but don't worry they will go out as soon as they are ready.

thanks
-Jeremiah-

lol! thanks for telling us!!! the past few weeks (or has it been just one? LOL) have been a living hell waiting for all the seeds/cuttings/etc I'm supposed to get :p

Got my packet of seeds yesterday.
smilie4.gif
Many thanks!
Any advice on the best method to sow. I have tried a mix of 50/50 sphagnum/perlite in one of those plastic containers you get soup in from the chinese rest. but no luck. Both batches (one from srduggins) the seeds get moldy. I have tried another batch on lfs like you get dried in bags at lowe's so we'll see. Any suggestions?

Moldy seed indicates 2 things.

1. Poor airflow
2. dead seed

My guess is that your airflow is low, seed need oxygen to germinate, not stagant soupy conditions which most people give their seed since it is a Nepenthes.

Does this imply I should not put a tight fitting lid on at all or just leave it cracked...?

I got my seeds as well! Thanks Jeremiah:)

Just to let you know Jeremiah, I recieved my seeds as well. Thanks.

Got the pack on Friday! Seeds sown on 10/22/04. Now lets see who gets germination when!

Mine where planted 10/25/04 painstakenly one by one like I did with Steve's nep seeds... lets cross out fingers!!

Thanks again Jermiah!!

-Juan-Carlos

Back