What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Four types of giant club moss for trade!

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
first type is Lycopodium obscurum (ground pine)
several inches high. i'll get about a half gallon unless you want more.

lycopodobscurum.jpg

second type isLycopodium lucidulum (Shining clubmoss)
you'll get about a quart unless you ask for more.

shining-club-moss-close-up-600.jpg

third type is Lycopodium flabelliforme (running pine) it has fan shaped leaves are runs along the ground like a vine. you'll get about a gallon unless you ask for more.

Lyfl.jpg

fourth type is Lycopodium Clavantum , i don't know the common name. you'll get about a gallon unless you ask for more. i've seen lots of pics with this stuff growing alongside cp's.

baerlapp1.jpg

there ya go! these were collected from my private property and i didn't take much compared to what was there. i'm looking for pretty much anything, that's right, anything!

I'd be happy to trade with you for some shinning club moss. What's your pleasure? I have no grow list at the moment. I have mostly Droseras and Sarracenias.

well, pm me with the plants you can spare and we'll work something out
smile.gif

WOW! That running pine is realy cool looking! Does it just grow wild where you live? We have some moss here that grows about 3 in. that looks like pine seedlings.

well not where i live lol. we have a house about an hour and a half away from where i live and it just grows wild. spaghnum and atleast three types of native orchids grow wild there, aswell.

Garden og live sphagnum? Why can't I copy nature, I have about as much as would fit on one finger right now...
confused.gif
biggrin.gif
I would like tos ee that house 'o yours, was that the same property at which you collected the bromeliads that you were trading recently?

no way, i collected the bromeliads at home depot and then they had babies
smile.gif
i only wish bromeliads just grew wild in georgia!

i think the reason so much grows there is because it's so rural and hasn't been disturbed.

The second one looks similar to anacharis.

The second example is not a club moss but rather a form of Polytrichum moss. I used to gather the spores to use in explosives back in my firey youth.

How do you turn them into explosives?

Ain't gonna tell you. With your sort of luck you don't need anything more dangerous than a q-tip.

Btw.I blow up firecrackers between my thumb and index finger!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

oh thanks tamlin! well either way it's still giant. at first i thought it was baby conifers..

These guys grow in bogs like the Cps? I don't have anything for trade though-they look like possible vivarium plants.,

tamlin: I'm also interested...LOL I suppose they make DIY "gunpowder?"

no these weren't growing in a bog, but in close proximity to one (i've seen number four or something identical growing with cp's in pics)

Back