What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I got my seeds today! There were A LOT! Thanks.

Got mine! Thanks a ton! Chrono wasn't kidding. VERY generous portion of seeds! I will certainly distribute the seedlings when the time comes as there are WAY too many for me to care for by myself
smile_k_ani_32.gif

got mine today, and lots at that! fabulous and i'll sow them tomorow!

There were a lot of seeds. I estimate about 2500 from one seed stalk!

how long would these take to germinate? thanks by the way i got em in today

Hey Steve, just wanted to let ya know, the seeds started to germinate today!! sowed them on Aug 26, 04 started to germinate today sep 14, 04 19 days.. not bad! Hope everyone ealse had luck with them aswell!

-Juan-Carlos

Juan,

What medium did you use? I was thinking of vermiculite/perlite. A chum across the pond in the UK uses that with great success. I would have to soak some vermiculite though.

Cheers,

Joe

Hey buddy, I just used a pre mixed peamoss potting soil.. its what i've been useing for all my cp's ... its pure sphagnum peat moss with perlite and an aditive to retain moisture. I buy the big bags at home depot the brand is "lambert - potting mix" Heres a picture of the bag that I fund online... mind you the picture is from a "weed" growing site I have nothing to do with it or care for it I googled lambert and thats what poped up. heh
lambert.JPG

Again I love this mix absoloutly LOVE it!!! I use it for all my cp's for cuttings for seeds, its fungus resistant for some reason.. I always get fungus when I mix my own peat with perlite.. go figure! lol so far very good luck with this mix, and if I ever need it airy I just add more perlite to it.

-Juan-Carlos

I'll get pics of the seedlings soon!

hey i never found the pix that duggin said it would b on the previous thread, can som1 find me a pix of this red x green? thnx, oh yea,

to DUGGINS, thnx 4 the seed again, wen was it extracted?

Check page 3 of this thread. I have a better picture of moma now. Seeds harvested about 1 month ago.
398N_vent_mama.JPG
398N_vent_but_mama.JPG

It is not as red as the pictures show.

Back