What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well , my gradfather cut down his humungous epiphyllum vine because it was too big and he had to build something where it was . So now , I'm left with a bunch of huge cuttings that are flowering size . The plant is really old and it flowers every year , for example I just planted a cutting a month ago and now it just flowered a few days ago . This epiphyllum has triangular leaves with very short spines . The flowers are HUGE with golden and white petals . Theirs no fragrance but after it flowers it produces a large red flaming fruit that looks like a very sweet kiwi but with the cool appearance of a red flame . You can grow them in a pot or in the ground by something that will support it as it grows such as a wall , fence , tree , etc , it's an epiphyte after all . So anyways , i have a LOT of cuttings of all sizes , some are 3 feet and some are 1 foot . I'll trade you these cuttings for anything that not common so just tell me what you have to offer and I'll see what i can do . I'll take nepenthes or anything big but i'll take something rare as well and i'll try to send as many cuttings as I can cause I'm trying to get rid of them but their pretty expensive so I'll try to do my best .

Travis

Are you sure its an epiphyllum? Epiphyllum doesn't climb. Selenicereus among a few other non-common epiphytes are climbers. The fruit you describe sounds like a Hylocereus polyrhizus or Hylocereus undatus, and Hylos are triangular and very invasive climbers. Either way it sounds like a good trade.

Joe

Yes, it soulds more like Selenicerus to me as well. They are absolutely beautiful flowers and sweetly scented!

Well thanks for the correct id guys . I searched on google and I am for certains that this plant is Hylocereus undatus .

No cacti or succulents please , I have quite alot already . Although I am looking to further my collection of lithops or aroid cactus's .

What exactly do you mean by Ariod cactus? I do not mean to sound critical if I do. I am curious if you mean like epi or litho-phytic, cause those I do have in abundance.............kinda.

Joe

well aroid cactus's are the cactus's that produce big stinky flowers such as stapelia .

Tried typing "aroid cactus" into a search engine and there appears to be no such thing....Aroid encompass many different genera, most of which do not produce the smelly flowers. Aroids of the genus Amorphophallus are the ones with the very large stinky flowers(not all though).

hhm , i forgot the word for aroid cactuses . Stapeloids ? Plants such as Stapelia's

Stapelianthacea I think. There is Huerrnia, Stapelia, Carraluma, a few Euphorbs that stink, I think there is a few more but I forgot their names.

Joe

Back