What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some d.capensis "red" seedlings

Hey everyone,

I have a pot full of small D.capensis "red" seedlings.  I got some seeds and i think they all grew, and i am begging to fear they will take over the neighborhood soon.  I am offering them up here for a trade or sase.  For a trade i would really like a P.moranensis, even if it is just a unrooted cutting that would be great.  If i get no offers for trade i will offer these up for SASE.  They have been growing in my terrrarium for their protectoin, so they have not colored up that well.  They came from seeds from a "red" from plant, but that does not mean they will all be all reds, so some of them may not color up.

One way or the other i have to unload some of these, so if you are interested please PM me or post here.

also, US only, sorry to everyone else.

Thanks,
Ktulu

You know, there are no restritive regulations against the sending of seeds internationally, only for living tissue, and somehow it seems seeds do not quite fit there.

i have moranensis. not sure how you take a cutting from a ping though as they arent a focus of mine, juts accuired a few with other plant trades. i also have moranensis x elherseae and 'Aphrodite'

Rattler

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sszvein @ Sep. 15 2004,7:42)]You know, there are no restritive regulations against the sending of seeds internationally, only for living tissue, and somehow it seems seeds do not quite fit there.
Actually, you may want to look into that before saying it... Take a look at this post... post about international shipping or run a search on this site "international shipping" for past discussions on the topic.
Andrew

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Sep. 15 2004,11:00)]Actually, you may want to look into that before saying it...  Take a look at this post...  post about international shipping  or run a search on this site "international shipping" for past discussions on the topic.
Well, there doesn't seem to be too much problems about sending seeds... what is it that you wanted me to see?
Canada says it's ok if there is less than 1 Kg, isn't a pest, isn't not for agricultural use and is not among CITES appendix 1.  
For a more official text about it, check this out : http://www.cites.org/eng/append/appendices.pdf

Only Sarracenia rubra ssp. alabamensis, Sarracenia rubra ssp. jonesii, Sarracenia oreophila, Nepenthes khasiana and Nepenthes rajah are among appendix I.

For appendix II, we have all other Sarracenias, all other Nepenthes and Dionaea Muscipulas.  But all of these have a "#1" besides them, which means :
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Designates all parts and derivatives, except:
a)seeds, spores and pollen (including pollinia);
b)seedling or tissue cultures obtained in vitro, in solid or liquid media, transported in sterile containers; and
c)cut flowers of artificially propagated plants.

So execpt for these 5 above, there's no problems at all with seeds.

I did my homework see? Yay! =)
Did I over look something?

(Btw, I apologise ktulu for turning your post into a legallity discussion, I didn't think it would continue in that direction.  

It's mostly because I see often these mentions : "US only" or "Singnapore only".... and cannot understand why, since the recipent pays for shipping anyway, so it must have been about laws.)

It is really a grey area, as my contact with the USDA says you only have problem with heigh level CITES species, but the thing Tamlin posted seems to indicate otherwise, so i admit I am confused a bit.

Joe

I don't have the ping you are looking for, but I do have d. capensis albino seed and well rooted plants for trade, or an sase...your choice, Bob

wow that didnt take long, i sure all of there are gone now, so this offer is closed.

THanks,
Ktulu

Back