What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Xbox + games and controllers for cps

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]umm as this is my bros thread i just wanted to say to all the interested members that he already traded it, sorry

I'm glad for him and all the rest of us!

Just as a FYI, speed is more important than "pixel wrap." It doesn't matter how smooth the pixel is if it can't push the right number of polygons through and your game runs at 12 frames/sec.

Capslock

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Capslock @ Oct. 23 2004,12:28)]Just as a FYI, speed is more important than "pixel wrap." It doesn't matter how smooth the pixel is if it can't push the right number of polygons through and your game runs at 12 frames/sec.
exactly, and this from a game design proffesional

Gamecube:
6-12 million polygons/second
Xbox:
116.5 million polygons/second

wasn't aware that the speed was that significantly different between the two consoles.

dvd playback isn't a drawback, it's traditional to remain soley a gaming console and not try to eliminate the use of a dvd player and other electronics.

xbox is an entertainment console.

gamecube is a gaming console made to be inexpensive so that it's still convienent and reasonable for children for holidays as gifts and still be able to get a decent amount of games.

xbox is made for a mature audience that wants everything in one. it's an entertainment console, not a straight gaming console.

Come on, it's a gaming conslole. Virtually everyone that has an Xbox uses it solely for gaming. It's designed specifically to compete with PS2 and GameCube.

There are advantages of all of them. Xbox is considered to have the best hardware for game development. PS2 boasts by far the best library of games. Gamecube combines good hardware and some of the best game franchises. It also has great quality control. So there really isn't a "best." The "best" one is the one that has the games YOU want to play on it. There are Sega Genesis games that, in my opinion, are as good a game as anything out now, just with older technology. Technology gets you nowhere without good game design and execution.

Capslock

Very true, I have xbox and ps2 and i prefer xbox. Its really up to the person.

Hey Amateur Expert, could you please respond to my pm, I don't mean to be rude,but I've been waiting quite a while.

i agree full heartedly with everything you said, capslock.

who can compete with 8gigs of space that the xbox carries in it's arsenal?

not many computers can even do that.

sony has contracted a lot of high quality first party developers that will always give it the upper hand.

gamecube has nintendo's library of classics to polish up on for a lifetime.

i never said any of them were the best, i was just referring to my specs i had when they first came out in reference to pixel wrapping, which seems to be dated and wrong.

nonetheless, i prefer gamecube, although halo.ii is gonna be brutal and who can turn down another final fantasy?

HALO!!!
only 14 days 7 hours and 14 minutes left...

San Andreas came out today! whos played it so far? i didnt get to play it but they guy at the game store let me touch it for about 5 seconds..
smile_h_32.gif

ok getting back to the trading...
I offer 1 Pink Venus,
D burmanni seed,
spahgnum peat moss
Ill pay for the Shipping
smile.gif

The X box has already been traded.Look a page or to back.

Jerry

Back