What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Xbox + games and controllers for cps

Well I saw Amateur Expert's trade for his PS2, which got me thinking, how often do I use my game systems? Now my PS2 I play a lot, but my Xbox, well my family already has another one and I never use mine anyway. So! The Xbox comes with:
2 Controllers,
Star Wars; Clone Wars,
Tetris Worlds,
Crash Bandicoot,
and Night Caster

Please PM me, or post here if your interested.

PS: Trader may have to pay shipping, depending on the deal.

Have games for the GBA?

Sorry guys the whole gba thing was a mistake. I don't have one.

Come on, some ones gotta be interested!

i gotta capensis seed if you want
smile.gif

Lol. U.subulata,water celery,water lettuce,violet stem taro,frogbit,U.aureuas(sp?),U.livida,Hibiscus masceutus seed,D.capensis "wide leaf",D.tokaiensis,D.spatulata,azolla,pregnant onion,several Kalanchoe species,Lol. I don`t think any of these would be of interest though:p

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pond boy @ Oct. 02 2004,11:27)]Lol. U.subulata,water celery,water lettuce,violet stem taro,frogbit,U.aureuas(sp?),U.livida,Hibiscus masceutus seed,D.capensis "wide leaf",D.tokaiensis,D.spatulata,azolla,pregnant onion,several Kalanchoe species,Lol. I don`t think any of these would be of interest though:p
ill beat that, easy

2 capensis seed.

Spec, you need to stop hating on xbox, PS2 graphics are stone-aged. Kinda sad really.. it's like PS2 fans are brainwashed.

I agree Xbox beats gamecube and gamecube beats ps2 but you have to realize ps2 came out 2 years earlier.

I don't think it was two years earlier... more like a few months. Gamecube ROCKS! Sony Playstation just tries to rip you off when ever they can!

Ok, I know that PS2, Xbox, and Gamecube rock, but can we get back to the topic at hand, I've only had one offer and am looking for others.

I don`t think you`ll get a good enough offer for the xbox??? I mean $100 worth of plants? You`d have to be like Jeremiah to do that!

umm, to put this game console argument to close with factual specs...

Microsoft XboX carries 128bit graphics (double pixel wrap)
Sony Playstation 2 carries 128bit graphics (no pixel wrap)
Nintendo Gamecube carries 128bit graphics (triple pixel wrap)

see, Mircosoft and Sony have more of an intent to wipe out eachother with multiple uses like DVD playback and CD playing capabilities they neglected to smooth out their graphics, except XboX did so, two rotations of 360degrees.

Nintendo remains to stick to the tradition of consoles and lay solely to gaming purposes, focusing on graphics more than the other competitors with THREE rotations of 360degrees of smoothing out pixels.

so technically, Gamecube has better graphics than both.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Sony has Square on their side which will always abuse the console graphics capabilities to their full extent.

Microsoft has the Halo franchise that will murder the competition of first person shooters with ease.

Nintendo has loyalty to tradition and has much smoother graphics with almost every game on the console abusing the triple wrap smoothing.

what some of you may not know is that not all games for these systems use the full potential graphic capabilities of their host console. take your PS2 Grand Theft Auto for instance, 96bits used of 128bits. however, GTA did a pixel smoothing, making up for their lack of graphic quality giving it the illusion that it's using the consoles capabilities to it's full extent.

so in short, Gamecube owns all in the graphics area with developers who abuse it's graphics specs to their fullest extent and better smoothing leading to better and cleaner looking graphics.

enough said.

now onto the subject of this trade.

saying that one who excepts the trade might have to pay shipping is an honest thing to say but, not a very good way of making people want to deal with this trade, it will most likely be better for them to go to a trade-in gaming store and looking at the trade-ins. no offense.

so i suggest being willing to do shipping charges.

I think I'LL close this game console argument with factual specs...
you didn't analyze THE graphics cards, just the fact that they are both 128bit. all are 128 bit but the difference in processing comes from how fast it processes.

Xbox graphics processor:
Graphics Processor Unit: 250 MHz Custom-Designed NV2X
Max Polygon Performance: 125 M/sec
Simultaneous Textures: 4.8 G/Sec
Pixel Fill Rate: 12w

Gamecube:
# Graphics Processor: 162 MHz custom ATI/Nintendo "Flipper"
# Main Memory Bandwidth: 2.6 GB per second (peak)
# Pixel Depth: 24-bit color, 24-bit Z buffer

Xbox texture read rate is 4.8 (average, 6.4 peak) and the memory is 6.4 GB/sec, meaning the memory can take all the GPU throws at it. Xbox has more graphics processing speed, which allows it to have better graphics. The gamecube is rated to 10.4 GB/sec but can only handle 2.6 GB/sec peak.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Getting back to geometry for a second, the only performance number Nintendo is willing to quote is 6-12 million polygons/second geometry rate--and from what we've heard from several sources, it's a low estimate. Other estimates put Flipper's geometry rate somewhat higher at 20-30 million polygons/second, which is still well below Xbox's 116.5 million polygons/second, but is nonetheless much more respectable.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Xbox's NV2A, a.k.a. the X Chip, or XGPU (we'll use XGPU), is a variant of nVidia's NV20/GeForce 3 chip, and features four pixel pipes, each with two texturing units. And like the GeForce 3, the XGPU features vertex and pixel shaders, in addition to a long list of rendering features. XGPU is clocked at 233MHz, which puts its pixel fill rate at 932Mpixels/sec, and its texel fill rate at close to 1.9Gtexels/sec. This level of fill-rate lands the XGPU between GeForce 3 (200MHz core clock) and the Titanium 500 (250MHz core clock). Compared to GameCube's likely 648Mpixels/sec of pixel fill rate, the XGPU has about 44% more peak pixel fill rate.
I'll let those numbers speak for themselves.
graphics wise, it would take almost 10 gamecubes (9.6) to achieve what one xbox can acomplish.
Without even considering numbers, a game with such amazing graphics as Halo 2, would never be able to be ran on the gamecube. Pixel smoothing isn't something to be considered when talking about graphics and how good a game looks. You talk about pixels, polygons, and frames per second. pixel smoothing (or anti-aliasing) is a feature that both systems have, both systems have trilinear filtering, Xbox has 8 texturing units compare to gamecubes 4, and, unlike the gamecube, has FULL SCREEN antil aliasing - even in HDTV.
With all that said, heres some aricles with info:
Check this article out where they analyze BOTH systems thoroughly:
http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1558,1152655,00.asp
Heres another:
http://www.openloop.com/educati....les.htm

Blah dee blah dee blah. They're gaming consoles... Not your gosh darn mothers. This is really getting sad.

XboX is an entertainment console, not a gaming console like GC.

So naturally, it can only perform gaming tasks. You will understand someday, those numbers mean crap and speed has nothing to do with anything if the pixels aren't wrapped. Don't be so silly.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Pixel smoothing isn't something to be considered when talking about graphics and how good a game looks. You talk about pixels, polygons, and frames per second. pixel smoothing (or anti-aliasing) is a feature that both systems have, both systems have trilinear filtering, Xbox has 8 texturing units compare to gamecubes 4, and, unlike the gamecube, has FULL SCREEN antil aliasing - even in HDTV.
They both have anti-aliasing (pixel smoothing, or pixel wrapping), and the Xbox have more of it, those number do mean something, they mean the xbox has the capability to do things gamecube can't even try do. I think the fact that gamecube DOESN'T play DVD's is a drawback, and the Xbox is more a gaming console than anything else, it's an added benefit, the fact that it plays DVD's

umm as this is my bros thread i just wanted to say to all the interested members that he already traded it, sorry

Back