What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. scorpioides gemmae for trade

slamster1789, just PM your mailing address to me and I'll send you some. Remember: "D. scorpioides gemmae for trade, Or if you have nothing, I'll ship to you." ie, I'll cover the postage
smile.gif
cool.gif

ur too nice BC kid:;): thnx again btw, mines are growing well

Glad you guys are enjoying your plants. If anyone else wants to try this interesting pygmy sundew, don't be shy. Speak up and I'll send you the gemmae. D. scorpioides is the largest of the pygmy drosera and while it may not be a "pretty" sundew, it's got a distinctive form that gives it character that the others are missing. That and I have gemmae coming out my ears that I want to distribute to you guys. If you have tried this dew before and failed, here's your second (or 3rd or 4th or...) chance to try it again.
smile_m_32.gif

ive seen the mature form, wats the silky string going along the stem?

Translation: PLEASE take them off his hands!
biggrin.gif
I think I was the last of his giveaway in January. He sent me 40. All sprouted. None have died.

D. Scorpioides was second in my "Must have" list after D. x 'Marston Dragon'... You won't sent outside the states right? Even if I offer to cover for shipping?

I'd like some... can't let those go to waste.

chris

Hi again guys & gals,
Been hectic this week so I haven't gotten the gemmae sent out yet. I will get them out Friday, it's my day off.

I will be sending to the following people:

Floyd
Voodoolizard
Buster1
PiranhaPlant
Slamster1789

If your name isn't listed let me know and I will add it with the exception mentioned below.

Several people have asked for extras. I may send out extras, but I prefer to send gemmae to people that haven't received any yet from me this year.

Heres a pic 2 weeks after I sowed them. The plants are about 1/4 inch (6.3mm).
d.%20scorpoides%203%20rs.JPG

Heres a closeup. Sorry it's a little blurry, camera moved.
d.%20scorpoides%201%20rs.JPG

I love these plants! Thanks again BCK!!!!
grinning-smiley-003.gif

Mine seem to be doing quite well also - about 75% or so have begun to grow. Kinda neat.
Thanks a bunch!

got mine today, Thanks alot!
can i just plant them in the cool little box you sent them in?tempoprarily of course

It's best to plant them in a deep pot. They have long delicate roots once they get growing, and don't transplant easily. You can stick the gemmae in the fridge for a short period (about a week) if you just need time to get to the store for more peat or something. Just leave them in the little baggie to keep them from drying out. I have mine growing in 6" and 8" pots.

and pure peat moss is ok for growing them right, one more question, should i leave them open ore should i put them in a baggie?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (slamster1789 @ Nov. 01 2004,3:30)]and pure peat moss is ok for growing them right
Pure peat moss might be to wet for them. Their natural habitat tends to be more sandy from what I have found on the net.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (slamster1789 @ Nov. 01 2004,3:30)]should i leave them open ore should i put them in a baggie?
You can cover them until they sprout to help reduce the need for watering until they have roots to hold them in place. After they sprout, remove the covering as they do fine in low humidity. My humidity got so low at times this summer that all the meter showed was "Low" and my scorpioides didn't lose a bit of dew.

Hey, this seems like the most easy-to-grow species of sundew I have tried - they really cooperate with us brownish-green thumb people!

Thanks, BCK!

mine is like those, but not any tenticles yet

Back