What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. scorpioides gemmae for trade

Got mine too!
laughing-smiley-009.gif

I sowed them per the instructions in the above post.

Thanks for the great info on how to sow the gemmae. I actually guessed right on some. Hope its as easy as it sounds!

I got mine today! Hey where'd you get those boxes? They are PERFECT for sending cuttings and stuff. And they only cost 49 cents to send! That's awesome.

I make the boxes by recycling lids from containers at work. Keep in mind that if it weighs more than two ounzes the postage goes to 60¢. So they are great for small plants, seeds, and gemmae. Medium size plants and large amounts of seed, etc. may run 60¢.

Sent gemmae to the following people today:
srduggins
Juan-Carlos
carnivorkid

I've got more gemmae if anyone else wants some. Again, I'm looking for trades, but will send some for free even if you don't have a trade.

I sowed mine 2 days ago and they are already starting to sprout!
smile.gif

mine came w/ tiny little roots
biggrin.gif

and the little leaf thing in one side is separating and growing
biggrin.gif
YAY!

mine were just normal little green thingys. Hey does anyone know of a place to buy like...sheets styrofoam? So that I can make my own boxes. Cuz I mean...sending a leaf for 4 dollars is ridiculous y'know?

Thanks Man!!!
They are now under a 60 Watt Compact Flourescent Light and is planted in 50/50 peat/sand with LFS on the bottom to prevent peat from draining out, and the mix has a little bit of perlite.
I hope they do well enough for me to be able to give away gemmae soon!!!
Hellz

how long would it take to germinate?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ChronoKiento @ Oct. 14 2004,6:42)]Hey does anyone know of a place to buy like...sheets styrofoam? So that I can make my own boxes.
Chrono,
Try the arts and crafts section or the school supplies section of your local store. The flat piece of foam I made the lids with, I found in the local grocery store with the poster supplies. It was called foamboard. I have seen the same stuff at Wal Mart in the school and office supplies in with the poster/sign making stuff.

On the cost of shipping, I should point out that I shippied using regular first class mail. Priority mail will cost more. For live plants or leaves, Priority Mail is the way to go.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (altrade212 @ Oct. 14 2004,7:12)]how long would it take to germinate?
Usually not more than a week.

Home depot sells sheets of styro foam... its in the insulation section. isnt home depot great?!!

-Juan-Carlos

What's the difference between priority mail and first class mail? It didn't take very long at all to get here. So I'm assuming it doesn't have anything to do with how long it takes to ship.

Priority is $3.85 (for 1 lb or less) and will get to its destination in 2 to 3 days. First class may take longer, depending on how far the parcel has to go.

Well that was really fast. I'm happy with the first class.

Hey , I recieved the gammae today. Thanks a bunch!!

-Juan-Carlos

I thought I would share a pic of mine 4 days after sowing. Every one of them is starting to grow leaves.
D.%20scorpoides%20gemmae1rs.JPG

Got mine today and planted them! Some already look like CNC's picture above.

I still have plenty if anybody wants some
smile.gif

ill take some to try for shipping if thats ok,

thanks
just tell me what to do

Back