What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinguicula sase

I have a 2 Pinguicula moranesis that are each about 6 inches wide. I'd like to send out leaf cuttings. Do you think i can mail them in a regular envelope without the leafs getting damaged?

itll get damaged alright, i would like to get som but i suck at cutting raising

I would try it with a padded envelope... or try a small necklace box, it should cost .49 cents for up to 2 oz.
I wouldent mind trying a cutting ;)

-Jc

Hi Tony, and welcome to the forums!I use small styrofoam boxes that end up costing 59 cents to ship. I also have the advantage of being able to use 50 ml and 100 ml plastic sampling tubes from work, that fit into the styro box.

Are there any left? If so, please PM me your address. Thank's.
smile.gif

ati

I would also use a box. I tried regular mail and that doesn't work. Someone sent me some in a padded envelope (the mail took too long too) and only a couple survived.
I'd be interested too if you have any left.

Hmmm...I think that I'll try bubble envelopes this time. I know that I do not have enough cuttings for anymore people. How many do you think I should send each person? I have about 20 leaves to spare. Do you think 3 or 4 leafs each is enough?

If three or four is enough, I think that everyone that asked will get some. I'm going to go to the post office to check out the postage price and materials because I've never shipped anything before.
Ya, I am still a kid.

Excuse me, but I have a question: would i just send you an envelope witha 49 cent stamp inside, or would i send you an envelope with another padded envelope inside?
ati

I'm not sure yet. I need to look a little farther into this. If the shipping costs under one dollar I may just pay for it myself.

they are. I mailed a small box with some plants inside and it cost me only 60 cents
biggrin.gif

Priority is $3.85 (for 1 lb or less) and will get to its destination in 2 to 3 days. First class may take longer, depending on how far the parcel has to go but only runs 60¢ or less usually.

You probably do not need to send that many. Each leaf can produce 3-4 plantlets at least. So only one leaf should get you a number of plants. Just a suggestion.
smile.gif

True, and you should get some shipping money else you will find that giving away cn be a great expense.

Thats the chance you take with cuttings.I have gotten nep and ping cuttings that did nothing but rot.Oh well,thats life.

Jerry

heh yep thats how it works! I dont mind paying shiping charges at all! Just let me know where to send.. although at least 2 leaves would be better any is greatly appreciated but 2 gives more of a chance of successe incase one rots away. But hey I think I speak for everyone when I say any thing is greatly appreciated and we thank you for your generosity!

-Juan-Carlos

Back