What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auction for the victims of the tsunami

Dear All:

I would like to put a bag of cephalotus seeds (atypical form) 150 total 2 drosera Zonaria tubers and 2 drosera menziesii tubers for auction.
The auction will end next sunday the 9th of January 11:59 PM U.S. eastern time. The winner will donate the money to Mr. Rob Cantley (nepenthes@borneoexotics.com) by credit card only. Please let him know why you are donating this money.
I'll pay all shipping costs. Only those who live in  U.S. states or European countries where no other permits are needed to import seeds are welcome to bid.

Thanks

Gus

You should offer them separately so that more money can be made. If this is going to be done can we organize it a little more. I think that there may be several of us that could put plants in.

lets reopen the auction forum!
smile_n_32.gif

hey kirk, I lke your avatar! you should get a sarr though!
smile_n_32.gif

Hi Guys,

I am open to suggestions!. However if you are going to put plants in, please open another thread. we should have an auction per plant. I wish i could put plants too, but i can't for obvious reasons.

Gus

Gus,
I assume we are going forward with your donation incentive here. Put me down for $50.

Make That $60. The the 9th is my birthday so I'm feeling lucky.

Glenn
smile_m_32.gif

OK Glenn, since it will be your birthday I will not outbid you. But, I will send my money to Cantley anyway. Those folks can certainly make better use of it than I can with more pots of plants.

Any help from all of you is kindly welcome. I am sure they make good use of it.

Gus

[b said:
Quote[/b] (agustinfranco @ Jan. 01 2005,12:03)]I wish i could put plants too, but i can't for obvious reasons.
Drosera tubers are live plants. Isn't it illegal to receive live plant material in the US from Australia? Or are these tubers being donated by somebody in the US?

Good point, Seandew. I think they are viewed in the same category as a seed, if you would believe it. I have received tubers from lowrie in the past, and they are declared on the little customs sticker, but they went through. I can see exactly your point, though.

Cheers,

Joe

Hi all:

I have not encountered any problems sending tubers yet. IF any, there are people in the states who has them anyway.

Gus

congratulations Glenn:

you are the winner!

I'll PM you soon

Gus

Back