What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Icps s. alabamensis al002, al003

I recently lost one of my ICPS lottery alabamensis to rot and I am looking for a kind soul who would be willing to send me one. I am aware it is against the trading forum rules to 'beg' or ask but there is also the law about selling or trading in Appdex. I CITES plants. I have a AL001 and am looking for a AL002 or AL003 plant. This gift will get you Karmic points, a place in Sarracenia heaven and, at the top of my nice people who deserve good things list. I was able to send 20+ packets of alabamensis seeds to the ICPS seed bank this fall and I want to continue but I cannot without a 'mate' for my AL001. Thanks for considering my request.

I wish I could help, but alas I can not. I see no problem with your aksing. You are only trying to keep giving.

I can help with AL002. Have a seedling or two left. I will send them with your package later this January.

If anyone has any of these I would like some as well, if you have any left after you contact sarraceniaobssessed

I can sympathize as I lost both of my S. alabamensis L003 to sustained -15F temperatures outside last winter.
I've since added considerable insulation, a temperature freeze alarm with remote thermometer and weather-stripped my dormancy area. So far the coldest it's gotten this year inside was 31F.
Hope I can find another S. alabam one of these days too....

Good Growing
Kirk Martin
Fitchburg MA

Not to worry, it has only been about year since they were disbursed. I believe this coming spring and early summer, there will be an ample supply to share again.

Course we do need to understand the rules for shipping, and passing on ownership across state lines. I remember Barry sending something about that. I will do some research and post to this string.

Hummmm?

I hope to hybridize mine (whatever site it was originally from) with maybe S. oreo or the rubra jonesii

Kirkmartin, is this growing area out of doors? If you would be so kind to enlighten me on how you constructed this?

Thanks!

My dormancy area I call my airlock. My basement has an insulated door with steps going up to an outside door (wood door with 1/2 glass pane).
On one side of the concrete steps is a flat 3'x12' concrete pad (attaches to my foundation). I place all my Sarrs. Darlingtonia, Dionea and temperate Drosera in their trays there.

Normally temps are quite stable but had a problem with the insulation on the outside door last year which allowed in way too much cold air. I've used alot of Thermax extruded polyisocyranate (spelling)insulation board to keep it warmer and it seems to be working much better. The test is February obviously. So no most plants I grow outdoors on my deck in the summer but winter they are sheltered indoors too.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (neprick @ Jan. 05 2005,12:50)]Not to worry, it has only been about year since they were disbursed. I believe this coming spring and early summer, there will be an ample supply to share again.

Course we do need to understand the rules for shipping, and passing on ownership across state lines. I remember Barry sending something about that. I will do some research and post to this string.

Hummmm?
Went back a few and copied this from another discusion.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Aug. 09 2003 @ 6:28)]According to the info I recieved with my plants "....You may not sell your plant or engage in barter/trade with your plant with another person in another state. However, plants may be sent across state lines (only as a gift) and you may sell plants within your state. These restrictions apply even to plants produced via seed or division. Seeds from your plants may be donated to the ICPS seed bank."

Oh...If any one has any of these they could spare I am lacking in alabamensis
altogether.  Oops, duh, forgot that I can not trade for these.

Sorry, the rarest sarracenia i have is a leucophylla 'tarnok'.

Back