What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. binata variations

I can trade evenly one D. binata (dichotoma var. extrema) for every binata var. you will trade me

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>{Editors note: There are no valid officially recognized taxonomic varieties of Drosera binata. Though there are many variations among the endemic populations of this species, which have become familiar to horticulturists and are recognized by horticulturists as distinctive. Taxonomically they are all simply lumped together as Drosera binata even though historically attempts have been made to recognize variations within this species, currently, none are. However, some of these variations have been registered as cultivars. See: Drosera 'Giant' (Peter D'Amato) and Drosera 'Marston Dragon' (Hort. Slack). Many other horticultural variations are in cultivation.}</span></span>

How many are there? There cant be that many!
confused.gif

Well not only 4 but I figured I could get atleast a couple var. I tried to grow some of that one from NZ from the ICPS seed bank but it did not work so well
smile_h_32.gif
Anyway I am open to any var.

Treaqum, I have D. binata (var dichotoma) for trade. I would be interested in trading for some colorful pings.

Hi Tre. I acquired a D binata "Small Red Form" from CC awhile back, and it seems to have multiple growing points. I'd be willing to split it if you like. To be honest, it doesn't really seem all that different from binata, except a bit shyer to grow and less crown-centric. PM me if you're interested.

Pmed you.
I also have an immiture Darlingtonia to trade

Back