What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gemmae giveaway!

I have more gemmae than I know what to do with. I have the following for SASE.

1 packet of palacea ssp. roseana

1 packet of nitidula ssp. nitidula

7 packets of scorpiodes

Each packet has 12-24 gemmae. They have just been harvested and are in refridgerator ready to go. EMAIL me @ hcl@copper.net if you are interested.

thanks,
Homer

I have several packets of scorpiodes left, anyone else want to try and grow these?
smile_m_32.gif

Homer

I sent you an E-mail.

Jorge Joel...
Emilia's Garden

All the gemmae are spoken for, so this giveaway is over for now. Enjoy your gemmae!

Homer

Hello!! I have recieved the D. scorpiodes today. They were in perfect conditions! Thank you Homer!!!!

The shipping process seem to have helped them to start to sprout. When I oppened the plastic ziplock themost of them were with minute plants on them, so I guess the shipping process and the enclosure and darkness in a envelope encoure the sprotiing process. {I do not know if with gemmae the word to use should be "Sprout", sorry if I did a mistake}

Shipping process seems to help in sprouting porcess and breack of dormancy. A couple of weeks ago i recieved a Japanese Plum that i bought in Oregon. It was shipped dormant and obviously with no leaves on it, but when I recieved it it was full of new tine leaves. By now the tree is covered with new leaves.

So, I guess this time happned the same.... Well once again, thank you Homer!!!!!!!!!!

"Sprout" is as accurate as any other word.

Sprout 1) To begin to grow; give off shoots or buds
2) To grow or develop quickly

From American Heritage Dictionary

Back