What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ludwig777

Neps, Neps, Neps.........
Hello everyone, I am trying to revamp my CP collection as follows: liquidate most of my Nepenthes and acquire smaller, non-greenhouse types , especially Drosera, Pinguicula, and Utricularia. I have many huge Nepenthes in the greenhouse and I can't even begin to pull them down and try shipping. Here is what I am proposing: would like to make arrangements with local Southern California growers to come by and make trades for the types I mention above for any Nepenthes they are interested in. I am located in the downtown area of San Diego, CA. I am not interested in huge plants for even trade since I know Nepenthes are much larger than other species, just healthy trades. On my wish list are always unusual varities of Utricularia and Drosera.

In addition, I have one mature Sarracenia oreophylla ready to be divided in half, and could ship this half to someone offering to make a trade for a small selection of the aforementioned plants. I am not interested in shipping costs, etc., just an even trade, if this is allowable. Please post your interest here; email me at ludwig1@cox.net regarding the Nepenthes swap since we will have to make arrangements to meet, tie up the dogs, etc.

Thank you,
Ludwig

Hi Ludwig,

Just a note on the S. oreophylla. You can trade/sell it within California but if someone outside California wants it you can only ship it to them for free or reimbursement of shipping fees. It wouldn't be legal to receive anything else in return for it.
Tony

Ludwig, if you are willing to take a cutting or two of a Nep, ive got quite a variety of Utrics. if your interested let me know what yah have. im repotting about 1/2 my Utrics this weekend so i can give yah an accurrate list of what i have divisions of come Monday. i have noproblems taking the risk of rooting the cuttings myself.

Anyone interested in Nepenthes, I would like to wait a few days to see if local people respond, but if not, I really need to liquidate my larger plants, so I will end up shipping them to you all. I am very interested in pygmy D. as well as Utrics. I will keep you posted.

Ludwig

Hello,

I am definitely interested in the Sarracenia oreophila but endangered species regulations don't allow me to trade anything (would be glad to reimburse for shipping if that is allowed?)
I'll forward my info if that's okay.

Thanks,
Kirk Martin
Fitchburg Mass
ICPS since 1993

P.S. Just curious on the source of this plant and if you have any location info?

Kirk Martin, you are the first to request the oreophylla here.  I am making the division later this morning, and I will mail it to you as soon as you give me the ok.  Send me your address, and I will post the shipping cost here after I mail it to you.

Ludwig

edit---Kirk, the division is finished and successful; a quite large section.

Hi Ludwig,

I sent you a PM.

Glenn

It appears I made a mistake...there are 2 KIRKs interested in the oreophylla! Kirkscoastalcarnivores you made the first request and you shall have the oreophylla! Sorry for the mixup with the 2 Kirks!!! Send me your address and when you want it shipped and I will send ASAP.

Ludwig

Ludwig, could you post a growlist so i know my options?

Ludwig,
Would be interested in knowing what Neps you are offering.

Kirkscoastalcarnivores your S. oreophylla shipped today for $5.35 including delivery confirmation. Thank you,
Ludwig

ludwig, I live about 5 miles from your location right off the 805 near 30th st.
. I don't have alot to offer though, unless you want some typical VFT leaf cutting plantlets or some well established D. capensis seedlings. I also have a S. catesbai to trade. I have gemmae from 3 different pygmy sundews waiting for them to sprout........
I would be interested in some neps, what you got?

CNCreefer GOOD!!!! This should be easy. I will compile a list tomorrow, but my MAIN interest is finding a home for these plants and fast. How about if you come by and bring anything you want to trade and in the process of you taking what you want, I will take some cuttings for the rest of the members on the forums who don't live in California. Email me at ludwig1@cox.net and we can make arrangements. Do you have a greenhouse to house these plants?

Ludwig

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] Do you have a greenhouse to house these plants?

I just got a small greenhouse for christmas'
smile_n_32.gif
' There is one nep in it so far, along with a bromeliad and some D. alicae seeds.
I will email you....

Back