What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes cutting sent

ludwig777

Neps, Neps, Neps.........
All Nepenthes cuttings were maied today healthy and green.  Please follow these instructions for rooting them successfully:

*cut each leaf half-way up from the stem (remove pitchers);
*make 2 slices on either side of the stem from the bottom of the cutting, up about an inch, a few mm deep, with a sharp razor blade;
*dip the cutting in rooting hormone;
*place carefully in loosely packed long fibred sphagnum moss and water
lightly;
*keep cutting in very high humidity AND very high light!  This is important so the cutting does not rot.  Rotting will probably occur if temps are too low and not enough light so keep warm too, but in my opinion, the light factor is important from what I have observed.

Making the 2 slices in the stem is also important because I have removed well-rooted cuttings from the moss and ALL of the new roots formed only at these slices.

Please ask any other questions; I hope they perform well for you.

Ludwig

DCP_0190resize.JPG

Thanks so much for my plant wich came in today. You were right. It's HUGE!! hehe. Also thanks for these great instructions, they helped me alot since I'm not real experienced on neps.
Thanks again!!!
Andrew
P.S. -> hope you got mine today and that you're happy with what I provided.
smile.gif

thanks for the info. the Utrics are going out tomorrow, had a bit of a cold snap the first part of the week and i didnt want to ship.

adnedarn yes I just opened the package, thank you for being so generous!
Ludwig

Hello guys!!

I have just recieved my N. thorelii x mixta cutting and definately it is huge!!!! It arrived healthy and beautiful!!!

So, Ludwig, Thanks a lot for sharing this
smile.gif

As soon as the cuting produce roots and start to produce pitchers I will post pictures in the forum.

Just want to say """THANK YOU""" to Chris of MN for all the wonderful Utrics; pyro for his generosity too with Utrics; and Luis of NY for the ping.  Hope you are enjoying your new Nep cuttings.
Ludwig

rattler_mt just received your package, THANK YOU very much.
Ludwig

Ludwig, I will send your shipping money ASAP I'm very low on money right now anyway the oreophilla is sending up a flower

Thanks, umm I guess my Pm is not working optimumly. Where do I send the Shipping money?

Treaqum you can email me at ludwig1@cox.net and I will give you my address.
Ludwig

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]and Luis of NY for the ping
LOL! everyone makes that mistake. I'm from NC not NY.
so they did get there fine? whew! they're such a pain to ship :p
and THANKS! I didn't know it was going to be so big
smile.gif
it also arrived perfectly healthy as far as I could tell.

Thanks for the Nep cutting, I got it Friday and it was in great shape. Let me know if anything I sent didn't make it and I will send a replacement
smile.gif

Back