What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia willisii

ludwig777

Neps, Neps, Neps.........
I have a medium sized (not large) semi-dormant division of Sarracenia willisii I want to trade for something like flava 'red tube' or oreophilla 'Don Schnell' or something else nice. Anything but the commons like leucophylla and purpurea (have enough of those). Make me an offer.
Ludwig

I am expecting TONS of S. flava Rubricopa Liberty Co. FL seedlings along with some tow year old plants

Treaqum, I did not receive your PM;
Kirk, are you proposing a trade?
Thanks,
Ludwig

Ludwig, I believe it is a violation of Federal Law to trade an oreophila. I would take the time to check into those laws in particular. It can definitely be a gift, but I think trade is not allowed. Please check it out.

I wasn't aware that this particular one was banned but I am open to just about any Sarracenia that I don't have. Thanks for the info,
Ludwig

still available!!!

ludwig, do you have the "true" willisii plant?

N: [Sarracenia willisii {Hort.Veitch ex ?Gordon}]
P: Gard.Mag.1894:410 (1894)
S: =[[[Sarracenia purpurea {L.}] * [Sarracenia psittacina {Michx.}]] * [[[Sarracenia purpurea {L.}] * [Sarracenia flava {L.}]] * [Sarracenia purpurea {L.}]]]

or is it the plant that is circulating in collections that is called willisii, but appears to be some other hybrid that contains leucophylla?

It was sent to me by a member of these forums a year or 2 ago; I have no idea the ancestry.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Feb. 07 2005,11:21)]Ludwig, I believe it is a violation of Federal Law to trade an oreophila. I would take the time to check into those laws in particular. It can definitely be a gift, but I think trade is not allowed. Please check it out.
How loosely interpreted can "gift" be?

I know that Peter D'Amato is sending bare-root S oreophylla with orders from California Carnivores over $100, and I can only imagine he has done his homework to make sure this is kosher.

If you and I trade several plants, and I toss in an oreo, prearranged as an incentive to trade with me, it is the same kind of "gift" that CC is offering... not 100% string-free.

Just make sure the person gifting you an oreo can (and does) provide documentation of their legal origin.

We want to be legal, so try not to push the limit on ESA plants. Any from the NASC will be legal plants. With documentation. We won't have it any other way.

An incentive that is given for buying a certain amount would be considered a purchase. I would not want to chance the wrath of the ESA. We have it good right now.

Back