What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plant trading restrictions

Does that really say what I think it said?
mad.gif

Hmmmmmmmmmmm................................

Joe

We are a large community. Everyone should read it and post a comment. Otherwise we can't complain if things go awry.

Unless I'm missing something, these proposed rule changes only affect imporation across the US boundary. I didn't see anything that would affect swapping plants within the US. Keep in mind, this is in no way guaranteeing this will happen. This is the first stage of a long process of making additional regulations. This is nothing more than a proposal.

I personally do  alot of international trading with EU and other Americas, Mexico and Canada. It's not set in stone but why let it go by without comment when we know about it and are welcomed to post comments. Not to mention it would affect people like Tony who bring foreign plants into U.S, he would suffer and so would the customers who buy these imports from him. There are many other businesses in the same situation as him.

Joe

Mostly it is importation restrictions, though there is some worrysome language concerning interstate movement of viable plant material.

Will sticky this for a week..

I have not read every single line but appears that it mostly deals with importing plants into the US. While I agree the situations they describe do exist. There is the potential that there could be significant issues in acquiring CP's from overseas from what I read. CP's are like a dust speck on a drop of water within the whole lake of ornamental horticulture imports. And if they decide to initially restrict import until they get around to assessing the potential risk of importing Nepenthes and other CPs..well.. there will be alot of unhappy campers in both the CP industry and hobby community.

Tony

I agree, it has the potential to get out of hand without the input of the Hobby/Collector communities. I did post a comment adn encourage others to do so. While it may not be exceptionally dire, why not voice your opinion about the situation? It certainly couldn't hurt to let them know just how many depend on the ability to import plants for hobby or business.

Joe

It is true, the link is not opening. I am very interrested in read this information.

It was this morning but I can't get it to open either now. It won't work to Copy & Paste either. Maybe they are doing an update and the site is down for a moment. It is a worthwhile read if you bring plants in from out of country.

Joe

OK, Well I just got around the website a little and its down for maintenance and will be back online by Monday @ 7:00 AM

Joe

unpinned since its past march 10th

Back