What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Starting my givings early this year

Pyro said it was a clone from Italy, but he wil be glad to give full location data.

yes i was jsut asking for the full location data.lol and my other ?'s. Thanks

Brad

HOOOOOOOOWEEEEEEEEE!!!
i got myn a few days ago and it was in a cool container ^^
are these conditions ok?
under a 55 watt compact flouresent
in a seed tray (very large, 1.5 inches high)
has a bubbler in it,
is this an alright set up?
plz let me know if this will suffice
Thanks Hellz

Hellz, you're babying your plant, i just set mine in a cup of RO water until I get its home setup! lol. It think it should be fine, the bubbler may be a bit overkill, but it shouldn't hurt.

Hellz here
nice!!!
im gettin its home settup as well. itll live in a small fishbowl,
im just gotta get it cured ith the peat for a month
Hellz

Nep G, you're babying your plant, i just set mine in a bucket of TAP water until it outgrows it! lol. It think it should be fine, the RO water may be a bit overkill, but it shouldn't hurt.
biggrin.gif

Peter

Mine is in a deli container of deionized water, at a window sill. I plan to put it this mini-bog thing I've been yapping about.

I just received my turion yesterday. It’s in a bottle of water with peat moss on the bottom. This is the first aquatic utric I’m growing, so I’m excited about it. I don’t know if this is the right way to do it, but I didn’t want the peat moss to get stirred up in the water, so I put the peat moss in one of my wife’s old nylons with a few rocks inside so it stays on the bottom of the bottle. I hope some of the more veteran growers let me know if this is wrong.

Rob Rah knows a bit about them.

my envelope exploded sometime during mailing ^_^;

Tropics, I'm going to make "peat tea" and grow mine in that. So your idea is basically what I'm going to do.

Ayo, Hellz Here,
lol myn started gorwing already, and it has a little offshoot of some sort ^^
i think it has something to do with the bubbler, idk, it could just be luck, lemme know how everyones are growing
Hellz

Mine hasn't arrived yet,but I'm in Canada,so it'll take longer.But I just have to laugh cause one of you put it in your wifes old nylon,I think that's hilarious!*Niki*(Trapper7)

Hay, Hellz here,
o man, its growing NICELY!!!!
it started gettint longer, and makinf lots of off shoots ^^
this is a fast grower, im about to keep it in the seed tray, its growing just fine
Hellz

i just now looked at my turion at it have like 2 off shoots.  it didnt have any this morning.  one isnt very big but its there.   mine is in a 10 gal tank like pyro described.  with a sponge filter and a aquarium heater.  thanks

Brad

Mine also has produced offshoots, it's in my water tray for now, it never evaporates, it's just there, just a turion and lots of larvae.

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. The nylon contains the peat moss, not the turion. After only three days, it is nearly one inch longer (the U. stygia, that is), and it has sent out a second shoot. At this rate, after a year or so it should develop into a mass equal to that of the earth. I'm thinking of getting a bigger container for it.

ya, same here
i think by next year ima give out some of these to people who missed out on this ^^
Hellz

mine has gotten to bout 2 in. already. thanks

Brad

Back