What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swopping nep masoalensis for aristol/macrophyl.etc

Hi everybody,

I've been trying to get hold of a second clone of nepenthes masoalensis for years, without success (I have had one from Germany for quite a time now)

Well, I have seedlings of nep aristolochioides, macrophylla, villosa, rajah etc. (NOT GROWN IN TC, from seeds onto peat!) to swop with anyone growing nep masoalensis...

Thanks in advance,

Regards from CH

OL

o.marthaler@bluewin.ch

Holy Canoli! You have seedlings of all of those?? ?? ??
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Man, I SO wish I could help you out.

I don't think we can send plants to Switzerland without all the documents, can we? (not that I have N. masoalensis)

Capslock

Well, If I were adept at highlanders and had a spare Nepenthes masoalensis that was not Wistuba's clone, I certainly would get the documents to get seedlings of those plants, lol.
Does straight peat work wonders for germination for you, Olivier?

Cheers,

Joe

Hi again,

With fresh seeds, the mixture I use is 3/4 peat 1/4 quartzsand (3-4 mm diametre). Drainage is OK this way, and the germination rate approx. 60% with temps ranging 18-28°C.

Before 9 / 11 (Pinochet's nasty coup & WTC), it used to be far easier to swap seedlings to and from the States. It remains fairly easy to do so within Europe.

no problems with Swiss customs as long as there's a phytosanitary permit shipped along. That's all we need here.

Actually, I've heard it's been harder shipping plants to the USA lately...

Well

Apa boleh buat ?

Cheers,

OL

I've edited your post Olivier.

Remember that any illegal trading taking place via these forums will result in the offending member(s) being banned.

And Olivier, if the authorities find out, you could have your plants confiscated and a hefty fine. That also gos for the person you are trading with. Its illegal and thats that. You will also need CITES permits especially for N. rajah.

Olivier,

If Mike's words are not enough,here is a story for you.
A little over two years ago, I tried to buys ome Nepenthes from a guy in Malaysia. I had just received my import permit, but the USDA forgot my stickers and was awaiting them to mail those. Anyway, the person on the other end decided to mail the plants and labled them as "children's toys," to avoid his end of paperwork. Beagles sniffed out the plants and the USDA visited me. I told them the truth on what happened, but I still got a letter notifying me I was being fined for $2500!!! Even though I had obtained the paperwork on my end, I was at fault for ordering the plants. The USDA considered me a smuggler.
Anyway, hope that helps.

Cheers,

Joe

Back