What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old cactus

superimposedhope

Somewhat Unstable
Anyone interested in an old cactus? It is Lophocereus schotti monstrosa. It is pretty darn old. Its 5' from soil line. Extremely slow growing and extinct in the wild. I suggest a pickup though since shipping would be around $30 as the plant is 25lbs or so.

Joe

Dang too bad it`s darn heavy. Lol. I like Lophocerous`s apearance,but I`m probably not going to omaha anytime soon.

What would you like. I have to come out there anyway.

Since it's extinct in the wild...maybe you could send a bit of it to a lab or a university where it could be grown on and put back into the wild? April

It is alive in collections just not in the wild anymore due to collecting and extreemely slow regrowth. Less than 1/2" per year. They can be found for sale through cactus dealers BUT I guarentee NOBODY is selling an established plant or cutting of this size. 1/2" per year and it's 5', do the math and it's pretty darn old.

Thanks
Joe

Back