What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

As I mentioned in my post last week, this weekend would be Sarracenia repotting. The list (at the bottom) has the plants that are available. They range in size from small to 'have bloomed several years' and quantities range from 1 to approx. 12 of each plant. The rare/threatened/endangered species cannot be traded (as I understand) so they will be given away.

Priority will be given to individuals who have plants to trade (& people I've traded with previously), teachers, public institutions, etc. However, plants not used for trades (or donations for education, etc.) will be given to people (for postage and the cost of a box for shipping).

If you are interested, please send an email to the earthlink address which includes:
- plants you have available for trade (or not)
- plants you would like (in order of preference)
- approximate number of years growing CP
- name & mailing address

USA only. I probably will not respond to requests until Wednesday night.

Ron
RL7836@earthlink.net
Hunterdon County, NJ, USA

I am looking for the following plants:
VFT 'Wacky traps' / 'wacko' / 'Bart Simpson'
D. linearis (seed or plant),
D. falconeri
S. flava 'all-red' from NC (or FL)
S. rosea (S. purpurea 'burkei')
VFT mutations or truly interesting varieties

List of available plants:
Sar - purpurea purpurea (small)
Sar - purpurea venosa (small)
Sar - oreophila, green, lightly veined
Sar - flava 'red tube' FL,
Sar - flava 'heavy veins', from NC, (vertical lid)
Sar - flava 'all red'
Sar - flava 'red-lip/veined', Bay County, FL,
Sar - flava 'cut throat', Wewahitchka Gulf County, FL,
Sar - flava 'copper top', (very wide lid)
Sar - rubra rubra 'long lid', from NC
Sar - rubra albamensis AL
Sar - rubra albamensis, from ICPS (AL001)
Sar - rubra jonesii,
Sar - rubra wheryii,
Sar - rubra gulfensis,
Sar - minor,
Sar - minor 'Okee Giant',
Sar - leucophylla,
Sar - alata - Texas, Robertson county, TX,

Ron,
I am new to this site and have been successfully growing cp's for about 3 years now. I originally became interested in cps becuase of their uniqueness, I continue to be intereseted because of their variety, their beauty, and their rareness. Recently I have become interested with conservation of the species. I just moved to south Louisiana and am building a bog for sarrs. I hope to fill it with location plants. Unfortunately I do not have any of the plants you are looking for - my VFTs are just the normal varieties, and I have only basic varieties and fancy hybrids of sarrs. I am very interested in location sarrs, but do not have any yet. I would greatly appreciate any sarrs you are willing to donate after you finish with the trades (especially any location plants). I plan to grow and propogate the plants for future donations or trades as you are doing.

Thanks for your consideration!

I mean I also emailed you

I hate to play "Devil's Advocate", but how can you trade the S. oreophila, due to those funky regulations? Doesn't it have to be in-state or a gift? If I am wrong please correct me.
Ron-Great trade-palnts, BTW. Wish I had something to trade.....
smile_h_32.gif

Cheers,

Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The rare/threatened/endangered species cannot be traded (as I understand) so they will be given away.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CNCreefer @ Mar. 13 2005,3:44)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The rare/threatened/endangered species cannot be traded (as I understand) so they will be given away.
There you go!

Hi Ron,

I would be interested in the S. oreophila or the
S. minor 'Okee giant'

I don't have anything for trade that is on your list but might be able to come up with something interesting (Note: I'm only trading for the S. minor, I'd be more than willing to pay for postage for the S. oreo?

regards,

Kirk Martin
Fitchburg, Mass

Back