What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yikes, must take nep cuttings.

Hello,
I was going to see how long my N. hirsuta x veitchii would vine. It got to about six feet, then collapsed under its weight and tipped over. Now it's got an ugly crease/tear in the vine, so I'm going to chop it up.

This is a better nep than it sounds, and makes big, nice pitchers. The vine is THICK, and should produce big plants quickly. Here are a couple pics of the lower first, and uppers second:

N_hirsuta_x_veitchi7.sized.jpg

N_hirsuta_x_veitchi11.sized.jpg

This has been grown entirely as a windowsill plant, and it loves the household temperatures.

I can safely say I'll have four cuttings available. They will go to the first four people who PM me an address, and can confirm that they have proper conditions to grow it.

Capslock

I was the first winner :-D (just letting the people know how many are left)

PM sent!

I've always admired that plant ever since i saw your first picture of it!

Winner number three!

can't wait to get this baby!

awww

Hey Max, am I still in line for one of these?

whoops i dint read that far. oh well. next time mayby

That was quick! They are all spoken for.

Steve,
You're all set for one. Can you come this weekend to get it (and that other thing?)

Capslock

PM sent....I hope I'm not too late.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Capslock @ Mar. 21 2005,3:56)]That was quick! They are all spoken for.

Steve,
You're all set for one. Can you come this weekend to get it (and that other thing?)

Capslock
Sure no problem.

Thanks
Steve

Missed this one and to think the thread started only 30 mins ago and already 2 pages
smile_n_32.gif

Doh... I've been eyeing that plant on this forum too.
smile.gif

Today I received the cuttung you sent me. It was in excellent condition, and I planted it.

me too
although you wrapped the wrong end with the wet paper towel! LOL

got it! it's huge!!

thanks!

LOL! Sorry AlphaWolf, that's what I get for hurrying. I actually tried to get both ends, but missed, apparently. Hope they work for you all!

Capslock

oh! that explains the other paper towel... I'm just wondering how it got stuck to the other side... weird.
but hey, it's fine so who cares
biggrin.gif

Back