What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello all:

I am just establishing a small collection of Drosera species and would really, really like to obtain a few starts of D. madagascariensis and D. paradoxa.  All commercial CP sources seem to not have any available at the present time.

I realize that the D. paradoxa is quite rare and can be tricky to grow, but I think I might have a spot with the perfect conditions for it.    

Problem is, I only have a few non-CPs to offer in return. I don't know if it is permitted to offer non-CPs for trade on this forum.  However, I would be glad to offer any of the following to whoever can help me out:

1) A flowering-size, actively growing bulb of Hymenocallis puntagordensis.  This is a small growing, evergreen Hymenocallis of the Henryae complex native to southern Florida.  It is slowly clump-forming and bears headily fragrant, evening-blooming flowers in late summer/early autumn.  It can be grown in a pot indoors in colder climates (does not need any larger than an 8" pot) and is very rare in commerce.  Just like most Hymenocallis it is extremely easy to grow and loves water.

2) A large plant of the so-called pregnant onion, Ornithogalum longibracteatum.  This plant has a bulb that is slightly more than 4" in diameter.  While not rare, it can take them awhile to build up to this size.  

3) A small plant of the rose pinecone, Porphyrocoma pohliana, a native of Brazil that excells indoors in shady or partially sunny positions.  It is hardly ever without bloom and has beautiful dark green foliage variegated with silver.  The plant being offered is about 5" tall and 6" wide and is almost full-grown.  

4) Unrooted leaf cuttings of Epiphyllum anguliger.  This is a night-blooming, powerfully fragrant Epiphyllum species with rick-rack (fishbone) foliage.  One of my all-time favorite plants and very easy to grow.

5) Fresh cuttings of a plant with nomenclature problems, but often circulated as Amrydium 'Ginny'.  This plant grows like a very robust heart-leaf philodendron but has leaves like look like a miniature Monstera deliciosa.  A truly wonderful foliage plant.  

6) A few select Gesneriads.  Let's see, I have a rooted cutting of Episcia 'Pink Panther', a 4" pot of Alsobia 'Cygnet', a 4" pot of Chirita tamiana and can offer unrooted leaf cuttings of several lesser-known Saintpaulia (aka African violet) species: S. pendula var. kizarae, S. magungensis var. magungensis, S. orbicularis var. orbicularis and S. grandifolia #299.  

Please note that #1 and 2 in this list will probably have to shipped either totally or partially bare-rooted, or else they may be far too heavy to ship.  However, both plants are hardy and will suffer only minimal shock once replanted.

Thank you so much for helping me out,
Corey
(in Chicago, Illinois)

Oh! And I forgot that I also have a very large single cluster of Hymenocallis maximilianii bulbs to offer (I think there are 4-5 bulbs total in this clump, at least 2-3 of which are blooming size), as well as 3 bulbs of rare Mexican native Milla magnifica. Any takers?
smile.gif

Back