What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. maxima var superba

Hey guys can anybody help me find this nepenthes N. maxima var superba:?:

-Drew

Thanks guys

Drew,
Do you mean x "Mixta" Superba? Never heard of Maxima superba....That will be one more to the list of gotta-gets.

I "think" there is a plant floating around that is labled as Drew wants...didn't Bruce Bednar use the original in several hybrids he made.

Cheers,

Joe

Hey,
The one I have I picked up at a local store who got it from a local grower. They only got the one plant, which was a cutting from the grower's plant, so I'm not sure where there is widespread availability. If you find it, buy it! It's really a spectacular plant that seems to grow quickly and vigorously.

Capslock

DeRoose, the company that produced all of the Mixta Superbas on the market, originally called their plant Maxima Superba. They're famous for changing names on their plants all the time to encourage new sales. Unfortunately, this means that a lot of the Maxima Superbas out there are not the actual plant, but most likely Mixta Superba. My guess is that Kim or Bruce Bednar are the reliable sources for the plant. Oz

Back