What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*****Plants sent - email notifications sent - offer over****
Gave away plants to over 30 people...
Any additional plants will be offered in the NASC auction.
All the best,
Ron
What’s available:

Drosera filiformis ssp. filiformis – hibernacula starting to sprout – lots
Sarracenia purpurea – approx. 5 small plants (probably ssp. venosa)
Drosera rotundifolia (noticed a few here & there – do not count on receiving any)

For explanation on how these plants became available – see bottom of post.

This is not 1st come / 1st served (do not just rush to respond) - please read instructions below.

Please note that the peat/soil with the plants WILL absolutely contain seeds from various local weed species (& possibly some CP).

Based on the numbers of D. filiformis that I see in the bog, I will probably be able to give plants to 10 people (& maybe more). I will try to include at least 5 hibernacula with each order.

My return address will be on the box and the postage I paid will be on the box (probably $3.85) – please send compensation for postage via return mail.

USA only. As usual – education uses will have priority.

If interested:
- email me @ RL7836@earthlink.net
- include the following in the email:
your mailing address
what you want:
S. purpurea (only)
D. filiformis (only)
Both (but will accept one if other is all gone)
Both only (skip it if I can’t have both)

I will send out boxes next weekend via priority mail & probably will not respond to recipients / non-recipients before that time – unless there are questions. If you have any questions, please send them to my email address since I most likely will not be able to check this forum or my PMs during the week.

All the best,
Ron

Situation / circumstances that made these plants available:

Approximately 10 yrs ago, I made an in-ground CP bog. However, after a few years, I realized that I had screwed up. I had:
- installed it mid-summer and not allowed for the fact that the spring/fall sun is significantly lower in the southern sky (translation: bog is shaded except in mid-summer)
- did not allow for the fact that nearby trees are still in significant growth mode (translation: bog is becoming more shaded each year)
- used cheap polyethylene plastic for liner
- did not allow for rodents chewing through liner
I realized my mistakes but knowing that we planned to relocate out of NJ in a few years, decided to not create a new bog. Approximately 2-4 years ago, I gave away the last remaining plants in the bog. Yesterday, I looked at the bog remnants and found that under all of the grass and weeds that had taken over the last few summers, a number of Drosera had evidently survived / prospered – along w/ a few S. purpurea that I had originally overlooked.

emailed you.
Those poor plants

EDIT: combined posts

emailed you!

Can't wait, I've wanted filiformis for awhile
biggrin.gif

oh well , i missed out but at least the remaining plants go to a good cause
smile.gif

Back