What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I've finally gotten off my duff and propagated some of my plants, and had great success (100%) with the cuttings. I have the following well-rooted cuttings for trade:

Nepenthes
N. sanguinea "Dark Red" - How anything else could be called "sanguinea", i don't know. Bloody amazing. (pun intended)

Some pics from the parent:
20040706-CP-N.sanguinea-sunlight, it does the highland good-6.5inch monster pitcher.jpg

Another photo, showing the pitcher inner color and spotting, and the red coloration of the leaf veins in full sun.

This does great with bright light, putting out lots of large pitchers that hold on the plant for reasonably long times, even in ambient Boston indoor temperature and humidity. I have kept Mr. Sanguine on my windowsill since i got it, and it has been through drought and flood with flying colors.

N. aristolochioides x thorelii AKA "Sarcophagus plant"

That's the best way i've heard the developing pitchers described. This puts out lots of pitchers that are a bit bigger than aristos, but of a similar coloration and shape.

The parent plant last summer (with 17 open pitchers):
20040410-CP-N.thorelii x aristolochioides-17 pitchers.jpg

Closeup pitcher:
20040410-CP-N.thorelii x aristolochioides-big pitcher.jpg

This one also grows pretty fast. (I would say it has a significant amount of "hybrid vigor." Also another windowsill grower, liking bright light and tolerating wide humidity conditions.

N. gracilis 'Dusky'

A moderately colored gracilis (mostly the ground pitchers). Grows fast like all gracilis, with a tendency to fork and send up multiple shoots. If you want a plant to fill up any size terrarium, but which is easy to prune back and propagate, give gracilis a try.

Here's a new and not very colorful pitcher on a cutting which was rooted (and growing) in water:
20050111-CP-N.gracilis ''Dusky''-pitcher.jpg

Gracilis develops a very healthy-sized root system. For example:
20050111-CP-N.gracilis ''Dusky''-tip cutting growing hydroponically-2.jpg

The plant available is the one in the photos.

Drosera
D. multifida 'Extrema' - what would happen if you cut off a whole bunch of D. binata fronds and glued them end to end, on all the forks. Makes a wonderful sticky mess of a plant.

D. binata "small red form" - As described in The Savage Garden (this was propagated from a plant from California Carnivores). I'm still not sure what distinguishes it from the other binata complex "species", but it is very plastic in form and habit according to conditions, and now i have one that seems "small" only in comparison to D. dichotoma 'Giant'.

And i have some normal D. binata, of course. Here's a photo of both (with a small specimen of "small red"):
20040521-CP-D.binata & D.dichotoma 'Small Red Form'-compared.jpg

I have some other random plants (utrics, drosera, etc) i can include in a trade.

Want
I'm looking primarily for Nepenthes species (not hybrids), as well as woolly sundews, noteworthy VFT forms, and less common utrics. Dormancy doesn't work out so well for some of my plants, so it's mostly tropicals on my list.
smile_n_32.gif

I'm willing to do a many-for-one trade if someone has something really neat-O.

Especially desired:
N. veitchii
N. khasiana
OtherN. albomarginata forms (I already have purple)
N. truncata (lowland)
N. campanulata
D. schizandra
D. petiolaris
D. falconerii

I'm also interested in Pitayha (Dragon Fruit), Vanilla planifolia, and other interesting exotic fruits and spices.

its good to see someone post pictures of the plant theyre selling.

I wish I had what was on your wish list, but I don't. However, would you be willing to part with a D. binata "Multifida Extrema" for anything on MY grow list?

Really like that Aristolochiodesxthorelli But alas i have nothing you are looking for. Perhaps down the line when my cantley red gets closser so I can take some cuttings. Have a great day.
Charlie

Hi Nathan
Some great looking plants there
smile.gif
lovely colours.
bye for now julian

Hi, beautiful plants! This is the real sanguinea dark red purple ecc...

41f62a67.jpg

Cheers

Nice pics of nice plants.
PM'ed you.

FedeAbra, that's beautiful. Do you have a photo of the whole plant? It looks like an upper pitcher, and it looks like it's been grown in better light. Other than that, from what i can see, it could be the same clone. Where did it come from?

Wow, i think i better propagate my hybrid nep some more... gold! I've got gold!
smile_m_32.gif

Charlie: I have similar dreams of propagating my CR-9 clone, but i like it better with baseball-sized red pitchers and a long vine!
smile_n_32.gif

I'll get to your PMs ASAP.

This plant originates from Borneo Exotics stand in Chealsea Flower Show. It is one of the winner plants!! I'm sure it is a different clone because this isn't spotted at all. It is not an upper pitcher, th plant isn't old enough to roduce them! I will post a pic of the whole plant...now it is in a stressed period...

Cheers

Back