What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ack.. looking for..

I know you're not supposed to ask for plants, but I moved from Wisconsin down to Arizona and the car ride killed all of my plants.

I had just started out with these fun plants and the two day trip in the sun over did it.

Anyway, I'd LOVE to replace my poor N. Red Leopard and Fly Traps for sure... (can't live without those).

Will pay postage, shipping, stamps whichever. PM me and let me know if you can help, I'm always willing to share whatever plants/seeds I have around the house from ''ordinary'' gardening.

Hi, welcome to the forums! Where in AZ did you move to? www.petflytrap.com (the provider of these forums) has vfts for sale. Also, if you'd list some of the stuff (even "ordinary"plants) that you have available then maybe someone would have the nep you're looking for and this would be a trade request and wouldn't be against the rules.
smile_m_32.gif
good luck finding what you need.

Awww, thanks for the tip, lol.

I have all kinds of herb seeds such as common basils up to spiderworts (relative to D.N.S.).

I think (have to make sure) there is some wild Deadly Nightshade (D.N.S.) growing in my back yard.

I have Purple Orchid and Peacock Orchid tree/shrubs... Moonflower Vine/Flower...

Also, I have fruiting things like... Strawberry and Blueberry seeds...

For ACTUAL plants... I might be able to spare fresh cuttings of Wondering Jew & Devil's Ivy... Maybe ONE rooted Lucky Bamboo stalk... there are TONS upon TONS of cacti out here, ask I'm sure I can get it... I have a Mexican Bird of Paradice growing in the front yard as well...

I have Red and White Yucca seeds, and then an unidentified Yucca growing in the front yard.

I also found a rather large Bougenvilla in my ally, which I might be able to take cuttings from... (grap. Purple/Fushia) coloring.

I think I might have some rose seeds, Cre. Myrtle's, Hycint., ect...

If there is any other plant seeds you might want out of an ordinary garden let me know, I belong to a really good trading forum which I have gotten most of my own seeds from.

Hello.Welcome to the Forum
smile.gif
Are you will to trade seeds for seeds or are you actually looking for plants? Thanks:) *Niki*

Seeds are just as good. Thanks a bunch Niki!

I can send you seeds or plants.

Hey there, plants are better but I can handle seeds too! Thanks for all the help guys. Still haven't found anyone with Flytraps yet. Anyone have any to trade?

Incredibly, I have only one VFT at the moment. Most of us probably have multiple VFT's to spare. I am the odd one with only the one plant. I do have many spare sundews, "pinches" of bladderworts, and some butterworts to spare. Feel free to send me a PM if anything interests you.

Deffinatly PM'ing you!

Which reminds me, here are some seeds I have to spare:

(Flower/Plant)

Sweet Pea
Butterfly Bush - Lilac
Aquelegia - Pink
Lamb's Ear
Crepe Myrtle - Watermelon Pink
Crepe Myrtle - Fushia
Crepe Myrtle - White
Crepe Myrtle - White w/ Yellow
Foxglove
White Yucca
Red Yucca
Money Plant
Sea Holly
Pink Bulbils Shamrock
Chinese Houses
Sunflower - Red Sun

(Herb/Plant)

St. John's Wort
Hyssop
Strawberry
Salvia Farinacea - Victorian Blue
Dill - Long Island Mammoth
Savory - Summer
Echinacea
Cilantro
Anise
Peppermint
Spiderwort - Purple
Spearmint
Coriander/Cilantro
Lemon Balm
Mitsuba - Japanese Wild Parsley
Marshmallow
Lemon Grass
Borage
Pennyroyal
Lemonmint
Sweet Basil
Watercress - True Water
Persian Catmint
Fennel - Sweet (Finocchio)
Chives, Garlic - Allium Tuberosum
Oregano
Mint
Marjoram - Sweet
Lavender
Sage
True Lavender

((PLANTS))

Sorry guys but these are for REALLY REALLY big trades because these plants are so big it will cost over $20.00 EAC. to ship OR you pay shipping no trade:

Yucca (over 5 feet tall)
C. Cactus (ranging from hip to shoulder)
Barrel Cactus (ranging up to chest)
Prickly Pear (knee high)

Seeking some of these if at all possible:

Drosera:

Binta - Dichotoma
Spatulata - Hong Kong & Lovellae
Callistos
Filiformis

Utricularia:

Welwichii
Lateriflora
Graminifolia
Tricolor

Cephalotus:

Follicularis

Nepenthes:

Coccinea
Ventrata

Sarracenia:

Dana's Delight
Purpurea

Pinguicula:

Rectifolia
Esseriana
Agnata x Moranensis

-----just what I pulled off the top of my head.

Red Dragon Flytrap
Green Dragon Flytrap
Dente Flytrap
Typical Flytrap
Pink Flytrap

S. Leucophylla X "Willissii" Picture Plant
S. X "Wrigleyana" Picture Plant
S. Leucophylla Picture Plant
S. Purpurea Purpurea Picture Plant
Hybrid: S. Catesbaei Picture Plant

Darlingtonia Californica Cobra Lily

Byblis (Rainbow Plant)

pulled off the top of your head huh? some of those are pretty specific, been scanning the picture threads?
smile_n_32.gif
anyways welcome to the forums and i prolly have a D. spatulata "Hong Kong locale" and i definatly have U. tricolor. ill have tons of Utric species by the end of the summer but right now i dont have much as they have been heavily divided latly

what Spiderwort are you talking about? the only one i can think of is the perrenial flower and i didnt know it was a herb. do you know what species it is?

I could have been more specific, down to the shade of color I wanted
smile_n_32.gif

Anyway, yes Spiderwort IS an herb. No I don't know the exact scientific name since I traded with another lady to get it. As far as color goes, It's supposed to be purple.

Hey Rattler- There are many different Spiderworts. Spiderworts can be located in the category of herbaceous perennials. You can do a search for them using this word- Tradescantia. I have several different species of Spiderwort here if you would like some seed, let me know which type you are looking for and there is a good possibility I can collect some from my plants for you.

Say Rainydays, what "really good trading" forum are you a member of?  Also too, if you don't mind my asking, where are you able to get such large cacti from to offer for trade? I grow about 30 different species of cacti however I'm not interested in large temperate species. I do love to see photos though.

Back