What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

?are you a bogus trader?

RamPuppy

Several weeks ago RL7836 sent uot over 30 packages to individuals, requesting only that you re-emburse him for his shipping costs. approximately 1/3 of you HAVE NOT PAID FOR SHIPPING.

RL7836 has not given me any names, and has only sought advice at this point. He has tried his best to contact all parties concerned and few are talking back. So let me lay it out for you.

I am giving Each of you a 3 week amnesty period to Contact RL7836, if you do not contact him in that time and arrange to deffer the expense of shipping, then you WILL BE A BAD TRADER. your name will go on the list, and everyone will recieve an OFFICIAL warning, 2 squares next to their name, which puts you 2 steps removed from banning if you haven't got warnings allready. If you do, you may end up not being a member of this community any more.

If you don't understand the serious of this, the I feel sad for you. IT IS THEFT. Own up to your end of the agreement and stop taking advantage of a generous member. You do the math, 3.85 cents average shipping charge time 30 + members. would you like eating that? I think not.

Pony up, or catch the next one out of town.

Um, I just want to make sure that I'm not one of these people. I don't think that I asked for anything from RL7836, but several other times things have arrived 'by surprise' in the past because I'm usually too distracted with schoolwork to remember everything I post around here. In any case, I've had no unexpected gifts, although I did get some guy's asthma medication a while back...
In any case, if I did, it's totally my bad and I can mail a check tomorrow, let me know.
~Joe

Say RamPuppy, I've sort of got a reverse problem. I've paid two people and never received what I purchased. I'm not interested in going jugular over money.  I am also not interested in sharing their names but is there a nice way to ask people a third time to send what one paid for without looking bad or feeling guilty?

That's sad. I just looked, and those are some great plants he was offering. Those traders should really get that money out. I remember a similar thing happened to me quite a long time ago. I had recieved a very nice thorelii x truncata for the price of shipping. I had a lot of very serious issues that sprang up at that time, but there was no reason for it to take quite as long as it did to send him the money. Sorry. Anyway, whoever had the blessed opprotunity to trade with this guy (really wish I had seen that topic), do the right thing and pay your dues, or pft will be on your behind like black on pavement, guaranteed. My 2 cents.

That's definitely not cool.

I have pretty much stopped asking for postage when I'm gifting plants, but I've never sent out more than ~8 boxes at a time.

I think if I sent out 30 and wanted people to send me postage, and they stiffed me, I'd be slightly upset, and disinclined to do it again.

Never traded a bogus before. How do you go about even GETTING a bogus? Is it a slow grower? What are the lighting requirements? How much water does a bogus take? Is a bogus large or small? Is a bogus carnivorous? How do you feed a bogus?

I have went out packages and never received the trade in return. Once I lost thirty plants to a bad trader. That is really the only one made me made.

That said RL7836 if I happen to be one of these people please let me know. I do so much trading and giving that I lose track at times.

my triffid park plants still didn't come, and the person that "sent" them has been on since I have pmed him, and I still haven't gotten a reply. PM ME! You know who you are!
mad.gif

I may not grow cps anymore, but I can use the ones I ordered in decorating reptile cages!

Ask for money first! I have been stiffed for shipping in the past as well totaling about $12.00. You remind people and they still don't hold up thier end.

I sometimes forget but I always pay up if reminded! I am also slow to get tradess in the mail. Sorry everyone.

No Money, No Plants. Also the person listing the trade should get plants prior to shipping thiers. It sucks to have to operate that way but I don't see any way around it.

Glenn

the first SASE i ever sent out (the first week i was on TF) i still haven't gotten back. I think it was for s. flava seeds. It's been 10 months so i guess i'm never getting them. Still remember who he was too...

Ok now this is just crazy how many people we've had here getting screwed. If anyone wants to come forward with some names we'd be more than happy to contact them try and make the trades good or put them on the dead beat trader list. I know nobody ever likes to name names or rat people out but these people who screwed you could very well do the same to other members. And lets face it if you had seen their name on the list you more than likely wouldnt have been taken for a ride and be out the money or plants. Im sure you would have all liked warning on who the recent bad traders are and so would the other members as well.

Remember we are all friends and family here and we should help each other out by watching each others backs.

Back