What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tassel ferns

superimposedhope

Somewhat Unstable
Hey,
If anyone has Tassel ferns (Huperzia, Lycopodium) please PM or email me.

Joe

I do. Do you need spores later on in the season or do you want a whole plant? I have a nice baby from spores that is about 3" in diameter. Healthy little bugger.

I'm not looking for Polypodium - which is also called Japanes Tassle Fern.

Joe

I've got Polystichum polyblepharum. Joe, look up an image. It's a beautiful fern.  If you'd like one, just send me your address as I'll be mailing out auction wins here as soon as they start posting who has paid. Seriously, I've got to go to the PO anyway so it's no big deal. No trade is necessary.

are tassel ferns auctually mosses?

yeah but that's not what he's talking about. i think he's talking about what i "think" is a type of giant club moss

img243.jpg

Thats the kind I'm talkin about.

JLAP,
Some do look like giant clubmoss but I'm not sure if thats a common name or any relation to them. I think they are more related to Platycerium. I am having a hard time finding them in U.S. - AU has many nurseries with them for sale.

Oh baby!

That's one gorgeous fern!  Nice job Joe!  Exactly what kind of a fern is that?

I do have Northern Club Moss (Lycopodium inundatum) which is in the Lycopodiaceae Family that I bought from The Carnivorous Plant Nursery but I have no idea where it is right about now. It could have been a casualty to the squirrels last fall as I had only purchased 3 small plugs.  Is Tassel Fern another common name for Northern Club Moss?  If it is and if I can find it and if it is still alive out there and survived the squirrel attacks, I'll give you half of what ever I find but I'm thinking this is not the Lycopodium you wanted. I am familiar with Huperzia but I thought that was another type of a Fir Club Moss that got to be the size of a small bush. It's indigenous to my area but I've never seen any around here and I don't recall ever running across it for sale either or I would have bought it.

Thats a Huperzia. All the Lycopodiums have been moved to Huperzia recently so as to encompass many variable plants.

Back