What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. burmanni and  d. dielsiana

I received these plants as a substitution for plants I ordered a while ago. I do not have the space to even try to grow these types of Drosera and they are a tad difficult for me anyway. Pygmies aren't for me. I need temperate species that can remain outside in the MidWest year round.

I have D. burmanni and I also have D. dielsiana.

I would like to try to get what I originally tried to buy which was a North American D. anglica and D. capillaris however I would be very interested in D. linearis as well as D. "Obovata" which was another plant I placed an order for and did not receive.  Any aquatic Utrics other than gibba would be great also.

Please PM me.

PM'd you
smile.gif
*Niki*

Hi Niki, they are in fact actual plants and you are in Canada so most unfortunately you are correct and I can't send plants to you. Thanks for the offer of the aquatic Utric though. I appreciate it but you can't send plants to me either.

D. burmanni and D. dielsiana are not pygmy sundews. They are both easy growing drosera. D. burmannii, found in Australia and other parts of the world, is considered an annual as it grows fast, sets copious seed and then dies out. You can prolong its growth if you don't allow it to set seed. D. dielsiana is a South African species which grows pretty happily in most mediums.

So don't get rid of your seed if you are thinking they are pygmies. Both are nice species to grow.

Oops, not pygmies, huh.  They are so small.  I don't have seed, I have plants. These are not temperate species and I truly have no where to provide space to grow them inside because my son took all the good areas for his Neps and his VFTs and I have a few D. binata that I want to keep. We have too many cats over here and we really need to separate cats from plants or else the plants get eaten.

You probably just have young plants.
smile.gif
But definitely not pygmies. Why don't you grow them up until the fall and then give them away? That way you'd at least have the pleasure of watching them grow to adulthood.

Meet Bastian and Elliot-
100_1938Large.jpg

I have 6 more plant eaters in the house.

They eat plants unless they are behind a locked door. We grow pretty much all of our indoor plants in a bathroom where we can shut the doors but we do have a few behind the kitchen sink and elevated on stands in front of a window with barriers around them to keep the beasts out.

Seriously, I am out of space and I never wanted these plants anyway.  They were sent as a substitution from when I placed an order back in February and I didn't have the heart to hurt the man's feelings by sending them back.

Get a police taser.

Tase the cats from a distance when you catch them trying to eat your plants.

Or tase 'em just for the heck of it for being cats.
smile_n_32.gif

Hey Laura, I think I can send you some D. capillaris seed. Just PM me your address...

You don't need to send me anything in return; I will have more seed than I know what to do with in a bit.

Tase my linoleum lizards?  Surely you jest!  I couldn't... but I have friends who could.  

Thank you SS.  I will pm you with my name and address.

Back