What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. maxima 'broad peristome' x 'celebes striped'

This is a recently rooted cutting of my Nepenthes maxima 'Broad Peristome' x 'Celebes Striped'. The original plant grew from ICPS seedbank seed and my plant arrived as a cutting a couple years ago. The most striking thing about this one is that the peristome is purplish-black when grown in strong light.

I took the cutting about 1 1/2 months ago. I haven't searched for roots, but it's been outside for almost two weeks and is happy getting more than an hour or so of direct morning sun every day. It gets dappled shade the rest of the day.

I'm interested in intermediate & highland species; cuttings or plants.

I have rooted cuttings of N. x coccinea that I could trade. They already have nice red pitchers. I also have small N. madagascariensis plants available. Let me know what you think.
-Nick Z.

PM'd you

Hi,

It is a pretty plant...
I put mine outside and it got a bit sun-burned but is sending out some new growth and starting to look better now. Mine is over 7 years old now.

Kirk
Fitchburg, Mass

A trade is arranged and I appreciate the offers that came in.  My plant started as a cutting from Kirk's plant, so he certainly knows it.  When Kirk sent me the cutting, he included a pitcher he had removed and I was amazed by it.  The plant gets striking pitchers and I had never seen a large ones before.  My plant gets pitchers that size now and, since I pruned it back, it looks like there'll be three growth points.

Back