What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lol

BANNED
I want to trade a very large Pinguicula species (similar to moranensis) for any good nepenthes (bongso, ovata, or sibuyanensis maybe) or near mature sarracenia. You can see pics of the same species on my website, and this one is almost the same size. I think this is seriously on of the largest species I've ever seen. Thanks.

I have a thang for Pings but I'm on circuitry overload over here in the Ping-A-Ling department. That is one huge and healthy looking Ping you've got there. I think the Neps you are asking for are sort of hard. My son wants an N. sibuyanensis himself. As far as mature Sarrs, I really don't have many of those but maybe you could list out what types of mature Sarrs you might want or easier yet... which ones you don't want.

OK, any sarracenia or nepenthes anyone might want to trade is good. Thanks.

I wish I could help you out, but I just got into CPs and dont have any trading stock yet. Lovely plant BTW. How easy are Pings to grow?

Well, They're very easy and rewarding plants. Hehe, the reason I have theese pings is to catch annoying flies that come into my room. To my great satisfaction, it efficiently rid me of 4 flies today, rather big ones too. They must've just hatched somewhere outside. Hehe, 4 less flies flyin around my room, and probably more in my sarracenia pitchers
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
. I love cps.

Yes that's a lovely ping. I think the reason you haven't recieved an offer is because no one here (including myself) has anything fair enough to trade for such a nice plant.

Trust me, they do
biggrin.gif

Do you know what species it is?

Most likely a moranensis, or a hybrid with the species. Moranensis is the only species I know of that can reach this size, but this plant seems to have more leaves and faster growth than a true moranensis should. It's a spectacular ping.

Probably P.'Titan' as it is also being tissue cultured and sold on the west coast by Booman floral.

Back