What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heads up!  TO ALL WHO USE THIS FORUM

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Hello everybody

For a while now we have been hearing some grumbling in regards to trades and giveways where people are not honoring agreements. This problem seems to spread across the board in ages so this isn't directed at any one person. This is for everyone who uses the Trade Forum.

PLEASE READ ALL TERMS POSTED with any trade/giveaway. If you have entered into a trade, make sure you hold up your end of the bargain. And this means packing your plant material in a way that will ensure its safe arrival (ALIVE) and also shipping it in a TIMELY MANNER. Make sure seeds are padded with bubble wrap or something that will prevent them from being crushed in the mail machines; live plant material should be shipped moist, wrapped so the moisture won't evaporate and encased in something STURDY so it does not get crushed in shipping. And ship it Priority if at all possible.

Also...if you have received an email or PM from either sender or recipient regarding your trade, RESPOND to it. Everyone runs into unexpected problems sometimes like the sudden death of a plant or a flower didn't make seed or a plant got pests after the trade was established (this happened to me!). If something unexpected occurs, please contact your trader and explain the situation. People here are very understanding. Between the two of you, you can work out a solution. But nothing makes a situation worse than if just ignore a communication because you are embarrassed or don't know what to do. To ignore a bad situation only makes it worse. And don't make decisions about how to solve a problem by yourself...work it out between the TWO (or more) of you.

If someone has made a giveaway offer and asked for postage, make SURE you get that postage to the person in a timely manner AND that you send the amount asked for. Lots of people here make large giveaways and to stiff someone on the postage asked for adds up! You might be thinking its only a couple of bucks but multiply that times 10 or 20 or 30 and someone's really had a bite taken out of their wallet. And after that happens, do you think a person is going to want to make another free offer? Not likely. So everyone suffers.

We have such generous people here and if those people continue to be taken advantage of with people not honoring trade/giveaway agreements, you will stop seeing these wonderful offerings taking place. "Once burned, twice shy."

For those of you who have or are having trade problems, make sure you communicate with your trade partner. If you haven't received a plant or postage, contact the other person and give a reasonable amount of time for a reply. If you do not receive a response, and if the two of you cannot work out your difficulties, contact a moderator and we will see if we can help.

We have a Deadbeat Trader list posted. Check that list before entering into trades. And please let the moderators know if you have been unable to satisfactorily work out an issue. We can't know if you are having problems unless you tell us. If someone is jerking you around on a deal, don't feel bad for "ratting." We want to keep this forum running smoothly on an HONOR SYSTEM and if we have to add names to the Deadbeat Trader List, we will. If you make a sincere and honest effort in all your trading, you will not have to worry about seeing your name there.

I do not want to see this forum getting a reputation for bad trading. It only takes a few to spoil it for everyone.

We ALL get busy, forget, have plant disasters, and emergency situations arise. Its not a big deal AS LONG AS you COMMUNICATE with your trading partner and let them know what is going on.

I know the majority of transactions that take place here go very smoothly. But it is the responsibility of EVERYONE, regardless of age, to honor agreements. Communication is the key to resolution of problems.

Thanks for your cooperation. Remember the mods are here to help you!

I would like to add to this, if I may....

If you PM someone, and they don't respond, try e-mail, too. Sometimes PM's get lost in cyberspace. Not common, but it does happen.

I can attest to this!!!!! At least 13 PM's have been lost (both directions), that I can confirm. The others? Who knows?

Good point. Just make sure you CONTACT your traders or givers. No need to jump off the deep end if you haven't heard from someone in a day. People get busy or sick...not everyone is here every day. So allow a fair amount of time before you decide you aren't going to get a reply to an email or PM.

Simply put...honor your agreements.
smile.gif

Just a BUMP.

Why not make this a sticky?

Edit*Nevermind I see that it already is one aswell, or that there is one similar to this.

Yup...this is the REMINDER. People tend to ignore pinned topics so this is gonna float for a while.
smile.gif

Yet another bump...seems this still needs to be floating around. Please contact a mod if you are having trade OR auction problems. We need to know. Thanks.

Back