What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera adelae plants for postage

vft guy in SJ

VFT and Drosera lover
Hello all. I am going to divide up my D. adelae plant. I will have roughly 10 plants available. Postage is $3.85 for priority mail in a small box (USA only). Anyone interested please PM me.

Cheers
Steve

Hey Jim I am PMing you. I would be interested.

Josh

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JB_OrchidGuy @ July 04 2005,3:45)]Hey Jim I am PMing you.  I would be interested.

Josh
I think ya mean - Steve. I showed up in his signature because I like to have fun and have to referred to Steve as vft guy in SJ as vft guy in San Juan or South Jersey or Saint Josephina or...

BTW, #3.85 isn't some number he made up, in case anyone is wondering. That is the going rate for priority shipments of light packages, a set by our USPS.

I'm interested. I will PM you.

Has anyone heard from him yet? I was just wondering because I haven't heard from him yet and I was worried maybe he didn't get my PM. I've heard that some people's PMs have been getting deleted and I can't help worrying about that.

Everyone that has requested a plant from me will get one. There are still several more available. Please PM me if you are interested.

Kyle, I just resent my pm to you from a couple days ago. Let me know if you didnt get it again.

Cheers
Steve

Oh btw I sent my money order yesterday. =)

OK I have postage from:

JB_Orchidguy
Tink
ChronoKiento
XXAMIAM and
cockatielmother

If you have sent postage to me and your name is not on this list please contact me ASAP.

Thanks
Steve

All packages went out today. Good luck to all.

Cheers
Steve

I got mine today! Thanks a lot!! Thanks for all the extra stuff too! I took almost 2 hours potting everything up! I took some pictures but I can't post them for some reason. But I'm sooo happy! They shipped so well! Thank you so much!!!

-(EDIT)-
You can see the pics on my webiste.
www.geocities.com/kientosabayoushi/CPlist

I put them all outside in full sun but they only get full sunlight during the first half of the day. I put the dichotoma cutting on top of some dead LFS in a baggy under my growlight. I took a picture that as well. Thanks again!

D. adelae prefers shady and cooler conditions. The plant you got was grown indoors under fluorescent light. I would not recommend plunging it into direct sunlight, even 1/2 a day.

The D. dichotoma cutting, chop into 2-3 inch lengths, drop in a clear glass of pure water, and place under a light source, you should see sprouts in a couple weeks. If the water becomes grungy from algae, replace it with fresh water, otherwise just top off the glass as needed.

The D. nidiformis will be fine outdoors, is a ready seeder and will likely become a weed. lol

Good luck
Steve

So I was online this morning and thought I'd stop by the boards. I saw that someone recieved your plant today and looked at their profile. PA, wait I live in Ohio I know I'm closer. So, I called my boyfriend up and asked about it and they did come! Oh I love them. Thanks so much. And for the extra stuff =)

I am in love with the Dichotoma you sent me. I should cut it up? I already potted it in (peat/s.moss/sand) and set under lighting. Should I put the top in a glass of water also? And should I keep this indoors under my lighting? (Zone 5).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tink @ July 25 2005,8:55)]I am in love with the Dichotoma you sent me. I should cut it up? I already potted it in (peat/s.moss/sand) and set under lighting. Should I put the top in a glass of water also? And should I keep this indoors under my lighting? (Zone 5).
No matter how you try and start them I would chop them up into pieces. This plant is easiest for me when I start it in water, which is why I recommend that. My plant was started from a hunk of leaf placed on LFS so go figure what works "best" lol.

Yes, bring your D. dichotoma inside when the snows come. Pop it in a windowsill and it will be fine. It doesnt go "dormant" for me, but it does definately slow its growth. In the summer put it outside and keep it watered.. thats about all the care it needs..

Good luck
Steve

My package came today THANKS STEVE!!!!

Steve you were too kind with the package sent.  The seed packets alone were great.  The D. capensis seed packs were HUGE, and along with the other plants and even extra roots to the adelea.  Thank you so much.  I am forwarding some of the D. capensis seeds to my mother who is starting to dable in cp's as well.  She is an orchid grower too.  Thanks again Steve!!!

Back