What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Columbine seeds!

schloaty

Staff member
Hi all, not cp's, but what the heck. My columbines have yielded copious amounts of seeds. If you want some, let me know. I have enough for about 10 people, so please post here so I can keep track.

Send me a sase, and I'll send you the seeds. These plants are hardy to at least zone 4 (saw them growing wild up in Keen Valley, which is just east of Lake Placid).

My addy is in my signature....

I might want some of those.  Would you be interested in some all purple columbine and what I believe is a McKanna Giant variety that's nearly black with a white cup?  I just harvested these recently.

And let's not talk about "booms"...that's a sore subject in my neighborhood.
smile_m_32.gif

What are columbines? Do know if they could grow in hotter-than-hell Florida? It's been in the 90's this past month -- high 80's at night.

My girls love flowers. Always looking for new things to plant for them.

Hey guys, Just saw the responses - long weekend.

PAK, sure I'd trade for some purple! I think the two colors would offset one another quite nicely.

cphog, it's a flowering plan - grows about 12 to 18 tall. Makes lots of blooms, and the blooms are about 2" in daimeter...which isn't too shabby. Unique shape, too. As to whether they'de live in FL, sure, why no? NY is not known for cool summers, either.

Columbine are great plants, they are the Colorado State Flower. Here is a photo of some I took up in the Mountains a few years ago.

Columbine.jpg

thanks
-Jeremiah-

Edit: Sorry about the bad quality of the photo, it was our old camera.

Back