What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Native pings needed

I am looking for ping. caerulea and pumila plants to round out a collection of SE native pings for a display at the Southeastern Flower show and hopefully win the much coveted Species Trophy. I have Sarracenias for trade, leucos, purps, psitts and, flavas.

Thanks SO

I grow P. pumila. I would offer to send a few plants but my experience has been that they do not transplant well. Of course that may just be me. I will have seed soon. It takes a few weeks but I have much better success with starting seed than moving plants. Would you like some seed?

CPhog,
That is most kind and I understand about transplant shock so seeds will be fine. I also understand the pumlia is not long lived. What can I offer you in return?

SO

If you have seed from something, that would be nice. My collection is not too diverse yet so almost anything is appreciated. I need to post a growlist. If no seed at this time, it is no biggy.

The newest plants just started flowering a couple of days ago. I have been pollinating them as best I can according to the directions I have read. So hopefully in a couple of weeks I will have fresh seed.

CPHog,
I have plants to trade unless you want seed. Let me know when you seeds are ready.

SO

Brooks, I have two of the smallest P. caerulea seedlings. You'd need a magnifying glass to see them though. I suspect others may germinate in the future. I will try to go and take a photo for you. They are yours if you think they can withstand being shipped right now. I personally, don't think any plant should be shipped right now but I could over night them to you and maybe that would save them. I dunno know. Let me take a photo and you see what you think. They are about the size of a pin head but they are definitely P. caerulea.

edited to add photo-
9f0bd57a.jpg

Ok. I will let you know as soon as the P. pumila seed is ready.

Bump,

hey... he could really use a few mature pings for his display above as well as for an educational exhibit. Does anyone have these in a size larger than what I have? People visiting his exhibits would have to be handed magnifying glasses if he used what I have.

Brooks,

Have you tried Lee's Botanical Gardens? He always has caerulea for sale and they're usually large, mature plants.

Phil

Back