What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utricularia vulgaris

EDIT
THERE IS A CHANCE THIS IS U. minor INSTEAD OF U. vulgaris
/EDIT

I'll be collecting Utricularia vulgaris for work on thursday. (with permits, all plants in the pond are scheduled to be killed off)
The last time we where collecting plants, they were all blooming, I would assume some if not most still are.

I'll only be grabbing a few for myself, so I'll need to know if anyone is interested by wednesday night.

If any one would like a chunk let me know, I should be able to get as much as I want. I am only asking for shipping costs in return. $4. I'll be shipping them in a rinsed soda/water bottle.

Trades instead of the $4 are also welcome. Anything not on my grow list.

EDIT
Disclaimer: I only ship on saturdays, and sometimes I have to work then also.. It could take me 2-3 weeks to get these mailed out.

So far I haven't been asked to work this weekend, but sometimes they don't ask until Friday.
/EDIT

pm sent

Offer extended.
I'll be going back on saturday, so I'll be able to get more if anyone is still interested.

It's definatly U. vulgaris, I think there is also a second species, it seems to feel different and looks more sparse, I am going to try and include some of this one with each U. vulgaris. In hopes that someone can ID it.

All the flowers are gone. A few still had the pods on them, but I can't make any promises on if anyone will get them.

PM sent

I got them today and I am currently setting up their new home! Thanks again!

I got mine today also and I was collecting water from the lake as I usually do, and I found an utric in my lake. I don't know what species it is, but when I get a picture, I will put in the Id forum.

Just incase anyone wants location data. It is 'Old Taylor Lake, King, WI'

Oh and if anyone figured out what the mystery species is please post it here.

Thanks! Got mine today, but had to clean algae out. It probably won't bother the vulgaris, but may compete with the little guy. ID will be easier when it flowers.

Got mine! Thanks!
N x Gentle going out today.

Sorry late post. Got mine on Tuesday and have it in rain water currently. Made it in good shape, thanks.

Back