What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. khasiana

This is a small, newly rooted N. Khasiana cutting.  I haven't looked for roots but I potted it almost two months ago and it's getting almost as much sun now as the parent plant.  So it's rooted.  I'd like to trade it for a fully grown N. hamata and $1000 cash.  If that isn't possible, I'll consider other trades.

I want it!

I have a hamata, now I need to get a loan.
smile_n_32.gif

darn I only have $2000
smile_h_32.gif

Should do a gentle check for roots too. Sometimes N. khasiana can be a real bugger to root. Cuttings can absorb water through the cut and be kinda deceiving on the root department!

Sorry no cash or plant, but would you consider a flawless 2.45 carat canary diamond?
smile_t_32.gif

How about a tiny hamata, 2 dollars, and my wife?

My wife won't even let me have a girlfriend, so I'm sure she'd say no if I ask about another wife.

I checked and it is rooting.  There are a bunch of roots 1/2" long or more at the bottom of the cutting.  Like I see with orchids, they sure love going into packing peanuts.  Since there's a buried node even higher, I expect there are more roots up there.

Why are you guys paying $1000 for it? I know a place where you can get it for $15.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CaRnIvORoUs_FrEaK @ Sep. 14 2005,8:18)]Why are you guys paying $1000 for it? I know a place where you can get it for $15.
ARE YOU SERIOUS!!??

I was approved for the loan today.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Think how many I can get if I take the $1000 and buy the $15 plants. I'll have my own jungle!

LOL @ elgecko.
biggrin.gif
Does he think everyone is serious?LOL!

Jerry

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CaRnIvORoUs_FrEaK @ Sep. 15 2005,3:35)]http://www.venturalink.net/~maxxpaxx/nkhasi.htm theres the link. It will say that he most you should pay for is aout $15.
Well, if we are going to play the "Ignore the Sarcasm and Take Things Seriously" game..

it says:

$ / size: inexpensive, $15.00 and up for larger cuttings or specimen plants

Therefore, $15 is the bottom dollar amount(according to this site), not the most you can spend.
I am saving my $1000 for a ventrata-it's a plant made of TWO species, so it's twice as good-much better value than a N. khasiana .

smile_n_32.gif

I think I knew you had one, actually. Maybe that was a bad example to spend $1000 on a plant....
Especially since I actually have a few of these already .

Cheers,

Joe

I can get Khasiana here in Sweden for 25$ so 1000$ would feel a little sick.

BTW can it grow in a windowsill or with my lowlands?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Griffin @ Sep. 15 2005,6:58)]I am saving my $1000 for a ventrata-it's a plant made of TWO species, so it's twice as good-much better value than a N. khasiana .

smile_n_32.gif
HAHAH you have no idea how hard that made me laugh, I literally had to lean over and just let teh iced tea fall from my mouth!

"its a plant made of TWO species..."

omgHi2U rotflmao.

Then N.'red skelton'
Would be worth like 8000$ ;)

And just think what the extremely rare N. 'red skelton-the collectors edition' would be worth...........:D

Back