What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Catopsis berteroniana

I just bought a Catopsis berteroniana from a buddy and was wondering if anyone on here grows one? I have a Brochinna reducta, are they similar in needs? What should I plant it in?
Thanks,
Nick

My b.reducta is growing in a 2:1:1 perlite:peat:silica sand mix that's constantly moist (not standing in water) 5" under 40W cool fluorescent lights (15h photoperiod), with 60-70% humidity. I keep the cup filled with water, and fertilize once per four waterings with 1/2 strength soluable orchid fertilizer.

Catopsis grows naturally as an epiphyte. However, mine is growing in 2:1:1 perlite:eek:rchid bark:peat left to dry slightly between waterings. Other conditions are the same as for b.reducta.

Hope this helps.

I use pure New Zealand sphagnum moss.
Depending on your climate you can grow them outside if temps are warmish and humidity is reasonable as chloroplast suggested.
I grow them in the greenhouse.

Back