What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MY new seedling

I Was surprised to see two weeks ago that my roridula seeds i had planted like 2 months ago sprouted. I had luckily got these from the icps along with drosophyllum. They both sprouted but i will post the drosopyllum picture in its forum. Its now 2 weeks old and it as soon as its first sticky leaf grew a gnat stuck to it.ITs slightly blurry.  
smile_n_32.gif

IMG_0301.jpg

Looking good kid! I should get some seeds myself...
Cheers
Amori

Ya i was lucky for it to grow. During the late summer i gave the seeds a smoke treatment as it says it helps . I had a bonfire in my yard and put the pot of seeds next to it.
smile_n_32.gif

Wait until it grows bigger. The leaves produce a resinous dew that is MUCH stickier than that of drosera--it's as sticky as real glue. Even better, the leaves remain REALLY sticky even after they've died and completely browned. A REALLY sticky plant!

Cant wait. Already the leaves have an awesome type of binata look to them like a mutifida. I will post a picture every so often to keep an update on it especially when theres a drastic change in size. IT really is growing fast .

Are you going to get assassin bugs to digest the insects? Or is my information outdated?

-D. Lybrand

Back