What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone growing Proboscidea/Ibicella this season?

I will be using a nail file and soak them in warm water. But I will sow them directly outside this year, probably in May. Starting it inside got germination but it was light-starved and never made it outside. I'm also going to sow them directly into the ground instead of a planter. I think it needed the vertical growth it couldn't get in a planter.

I've got 22 Proboscidea Parviflora var. Hohokiamia seeds from the ICPS seedbank in March, and I did everything that Joosa did for his. They germinated in 2 DAYS! :eek: 10 germinated, and I killed 5 of them by keeping their pots in a water scaucer. The other five have gone through frost 4 or 5 times, 90 degree weather, an inland hurricane, and the possibility of being pulled up by a 2 yo toddler, and I have one flower bud!:banana2: :boogie: I'll post pics on the Devil's Claw pic thread when it opens.

Happy growing!
Aslan

Back