What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Planting Devil's Claws

Do I plant Devil's Claws in a flower pot before it gets warm enough to plant them in the ground or should I plant them directly into the ground? Just curious and I need to know how long it would take the black seeds to sprout.

Do I plant Devil's Claws in a flower pot before it gets warm enough to plant them in the ground or should I plant them directly into the ground? Just curious and I need to know how long it would take the black seeds to sprout.

I would go with directly in the ground. Mine, from last year, were in a planter. They didn't hold a candle to those of Joosa and Allehedhuman's plants. Follow this thread for the ideas bantered:

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112586

Thank you and I would like to get ahold of some of the White seeded kind also. It doesn't tell how long it took for the Black seeded kind to sprout and I soaked the seeds in warm water. Should I plant the Black seeded kind next to the white seeded kind or in a seperate row in the garden here? I want to Hybridize them and just curious.

Back