What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Assess My R. Gorgonias Please

I have been growing this R. gorgonias now for 18 months. I have kept the plant in low humidity. It gets good air circulation. The temperature range is has been between 20c - 30c. This summer it went through a few days where it was 33c. The plant is sitting in a tray but I allow the water to dry up before watering again.

The growth seems normal from reading about other growers plants. It has flowered twice, once producing seed. Yet since I have been cultivating it the plant has developed yellow tips. Newly formed leaves quickly turn yellow on the tip. I have seen yellow tips in other growers plants but they are generally on the old leaves.

I am wondering what I can do better. The photo below is a week old.

RoridulaHormone.jpg

I'm not seeing an image... and it says, "done".

There definitely is an image that I see, but I don't know anything about this plant to tell you anything.

I know generally with non-carnivorous plants when their leaves start browning at the tips, the advice is that they're doing so because they don't get rained on enough. That probably means they need water rolling off the tips of the leaves, which might mean you need more humidity on the leaf tips. Can you put it in a wider tray, maybe with pebbles on the bottom for drainage, to test it out? Or if there's a high mineral concentration the tips of my non-carnivorous plants suffer as well. Have you checked for bugs (spider mites, thrips, aphids, etc)? It doesn't appear that it's because of that one really hot spell because *all* the leaves look a little crispy at the ends.

Now I see it. Crazy computer....

There definitely is an image that I see, but I don't know anything about this plant to tell you anything.

I know generally with non-carnivorous plants when their leaves start browning at the tips, the advice is that they're doing so because they don't get rained on enough. That probably means they need water rolling off the tips of the leaves, which might mean you need more humidity on the leaf tips. Can you put it in a wider tray, maybe with pebbles on the bottom for drainage, to test it out? Or if there's a high mineral concentration the tips of my non-carnivorous plants suffer as well. Have you checked for bugs (spider mites, thrips, aphids, etc)? It doesn't appear that it's because of that one really hot spell because *all* the leaves look a little crispy at the ends.

It's getting ample water, its in a tray with sarracenia. There hasn't been any pests on the plant while I have cultivated the plant.

I have tried many adjustments on water and exposure but I haven't seen any change in the leaves.

Jimscott how did those roridula seeds do for you?

Back