What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

calycoseris

Bonjour

do you know these species ? may be a proto carnivorous with these trichomes

calycoseris.jpg

calycoseris1.jpg

calycoseris2.jpg

have you some infos on it?

I have no idea.

In all the pictures I found of it, I don't see any bugs.

D:

Can't help you with your question, Jeff, but those are some excellant photos!

cookies-for-santa-052.gif

Wow that is a really cool plant. I'm guessing it is not carnivorous at all though. The trichomes are too far apart to be effective trapping mechanisms and it probably would have been mentioned by now. ???

that third picture you posted, of calcyceris parryi, is exceedingly beautiful

suite

these annual species grow in USA ( californie-utah-nevada-arizona) and MEXICO.
if you have some infos on it , I 'am taker

may be not a proto carnivorous but then , what use for these trichomes ? I'd be very curious to know

an other very interessant plants for me Bejaria racemosa , if you have also some infos on it .

jeff

Last edited:
these annual species grow in USA ( californie-utah-nevada-arizona) and MEXICO.
what use for these trichomes ? I'd be very curious to know

As Google is telling me, Calycoseris parryi is a desert species.

Maybee the flowers are not pollinated by flying insects but by crawling insects and the extrafloral nectaries of this plant are used as some runway markings for the insects crawling up the stem to lead the insects into the flower for pollination?

BTW: There are several hundreds of plant species with extrafloral nectaries, some of them are well known garden plants and their sticky hairs even can catch insects, like those from tomato plants, vetches and petunia, for example.

Back