What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I can buy an atomic bomb faster than a Brocchinia Reducta !

Frustration abounds ! I've been searching the world over for a Reducta since I'm into CP's bigtime and can't seem to locate one for sale. Not in the USA anyway. Ironic that the Catopsis grows wild in Florida and I have to send to Europe to buy one. Fast chance of getting it through Customs. Go on youtube and see some guy cloning them by the dozens... every agricultural college in America has them for teaching purposes. Tropiflora has price gouged the one they had a few weeks ago... wanted a hundred bucks for a Catopsis which I didnt buy for that reason. Next stop is to take a ride to Florida, put on Ninja pajamas and risk a fine for poaching God's Creation. Or maybe I can trade my grandchildren for one... or throw a virgin into a volcano to appease the Carnivorous Bromeliad gods. :censor: !

There will soon be some available from AW, but I know how frustrating it is trying to find B. reducta. I lost a big 12" specimen due to the freakishly cold winter we had here, and I've been hunting for one ever since.

I remember buying one down the street from me at a nursery specializing in rare plants. It was $12. Pretty great deal. Powdery leaves. Must have been back in '05!

I was bored with it so it died! :-))

Remember the old tv commercial you take a BCP(owder) and you come back strong? Only in this case you plan on spending about $80 prior to buying anything, assuming you do it the legal way. Good luck!

I know you can import a reducta from Wistuba without any real worries with the import laws. They have a US contact that handles that part and repacks them for shipment once they clear customs. Atleast that is my understanding.

I know you can import a reducta from Wistuba without any real worries with the import laws. They have a US contact that handles that part and repacks them for shipment once they clear customs. Atleast that is my understanding.

Yes, that is true.

I have some extra B.reducta. I'm open to trades.

Frustration abounds ! I've been searching the world over for a Reducta since I'm into CP's bigtime and can't seem to locate one for sale. Not in the USA anyway. Ironic that the Catopsis grows wild in Florida and I have to send to Europe to buy one.

I know what you mean. Short of poaching, many species of Utricularia native to North America can only be obtained from Europe.

When I read the title of this thread, I sincerely hoped that Brocchinia reducta is not a common plant. (No offense intended.)

All joking aside, I understand the frustration of searching to the ends of the earth (or so it seems) to find a plant that you really, really, REALLY would like to own. It took me forever to find a nice, good plant as my very first carnivore. Granted, I could've started much earlier, but I was naive and inexperienced back then and wanted to start out strong, no pun intended.

Last edited:
Don't go poaching plants.
That's just not a cool thing to even joke about.

I wish you luck finding it legally.

B. reducta certainly does seem to be available only spottily. There is at least one nursery that seems to carry it at least once a year, where I got mine from, but otherwise sources stay rather dry. I can't see why, as other than some rather slow reproductive times it's a very easy plant...

Wistuba?

No, an in-the-US nursery which is why I don't give the name here. I have yet to make an order from Wistuba (that sadly must wait until I have room and cash for a good couple dozen new plants)

Back