What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roridula Gorgonias, seed to flowering in less than a year :)

I thought I would have to wait two years before these would come full circle. Nope, these two precocious babies wanted to surprise me for the holidays! :boogie:
Presently, these two are 285 days old.

23617092742_d812df708f_c.jpg

23357651079_0500e496fc_c.jpg

23617087502_a522525a69_c.jpg

NICE. such an amazing species, wish i could get the space for some of these.
Jeremiah first introduced me to these a couple years ago.

What lights do you have them under?

Sweet. I appreciate you posting this.

NICE. such an amazing species, wish i could get the space for some of these.
Jeremiah first introduced me to these a couple years ago.

What lights do you have them under?

Nothing fancy, just standard T12 cool white bulbs. It is not a grow space, so to speak. Rather, they share space on my gel electrophoresis bench.

Last edited:
Hi Pokie - Nice looking Roridula babies! They grow up so fast. :cry: I've had mine for a few yeas. About 4 I guess. It started blooming the first year as well, and now it's been in bloom for over a year. I absolutely love this genus! They are really cool, and I feel like they are under appreciated. Glad to see you are giving yours the attention they so richly deserve.

Wow your plants are certainly growing a lot faster than mine is. What is your fertilizer regimen?

Thanks apoplast! It certainly is a fast grower and easily cared for, in comparison to R. Dentata, at least. I find they benefit from larger pots. Small short pots stunt their growth. I reccomend placing seedlings into at least 4" tall pots to let them spread their roots.

Nimbulan, I fertilise by squirting maxsea on them every 2 weeks. They sit in 1" to 2" of water which needs to be replaced every 2-3 days. They get warm temperatures all year round, never falling below 72f and often into the 80fs.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I've been keeping mine outdoors, and spraying it with air plant fertilizer weekly since that's what I have. I think I'm going to get some Maxsea soon and see how that does. I'm going to need it anyway since I'm starting some Sarracenia seeds for the first time.

I'm a bit surprised they're doing so well in such small pots. I've read they need a lot of root space like Drosophyllum.

Nothing fancy, just standard T12 cool white bulbs. It is not a grow space, so to speak. Rather, they share space on my gel electrophoresis bench.

Do you mean to say you have your own gel electrophoresis analyzer? Man I hated those at school, hands are way too shaky.

Back